Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Summer 2020 Schedule Restoration (Increases/Changes/Adds)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2020 Schedule Restoration (Increases/Changes/Adds)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
This past Saturday I wrote in another thread:

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
My 5:35 PM return BOS to SEA flight on July 25 has been cancelled. They're offering 9 AM that same day as a replacement, which doesn't quite work because of plans later in the day. I'll call tomorrow and probably ask if they can move the return to the 26th, even though that'd add costs of one more night's lodging and one more day's car rental. :\

Or maybe I'll cancel the whole itinerary and we'll do that road trip to Montana instead.
So I did move to the 9 AM flight the next morning.

For whatever reason, four days later, I checked the reservation again this evening. Now that 9 AM flight has been cancelled and AS is proposing a 7 AM replacement. (Non-early rising traveling companion will not be pleased.)

Still considering that Montana road trip. Wondering whether an Alaska Airlines Itinerary Change Pool should become a Vegas betting thing.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 10:44 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
STS update, new STS/SBA leg

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...arious-future/
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Interesting! As someone in SF, I'd actually consider taking that for the novelty of it and a long weekend in Santa Barbara.

But not this month with the current situation here in CA. I wonder how long it'll stick around for, it's a great tag flight for that other thread somewhere around here.
JPat likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It looks like every daily STL-SEA and all but 2 SEA-STL are "sold out" for July. Has anyone seen this on any other route?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:31 pm

I guess we'll see the HI schedule changing again. Quarantine extended to 9/1.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/0...hrough-august/
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
My flight to/from OGG on 9/2 and 9/8 have now been rescheduled/cancelled and I’ve been able to request a refund. No direct flight between OGG and OAK.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by NoLaGent

My Sept 29 non stop SAN-KOA is now gone but the non stop still exists on Monday and Wednesday.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Big adds today:

Alaska Airlines adds 12 new destinations in 2020 from LAX +RSW and from SEA

Looks like ANC-SFO nonstop is down for the count. Maybe in 2021? I want some dim sum and duck!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
Big adds today:

Alaska Airlines adds 12 new destinations in 2020 from LAX +RSW and from SEA

Looks like ANC-SFO nonstop is down for the count. Maybe in 2021? I want some dim sum and duck!
Too bad Seattle doesn't offer any quality dim sum and duck!

I don't think anyone is eating dim sum anytime soon served the "old fashioned" way. Besides, you can still get here "one stop" and even fly into OAK, which has quality dim sum and duck. You might even score a snack box on each segment!
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
looking in Jan/Feb there are 6x nonstop, 8x in Mar

not that it matters to me, as I don't fly the route, but it's getting a bit tedious
AS is "fl(r)ight" sizing the network. It makes little sence to keep extending the change/cancellation waivers if you leave your pre COVID-19 schedules in place and allow customers to book flights that will likely not be flown or have significant schedule changes (>1h), creating eligibility for full refunds. In January, they have added a 7th non-stop and PAE offer two more.

Absent from the schedule is early morning flights that would be conducive to business travelers. That falls in line with AS' publicly announcing their intent to cater to leisure travelers initially, viewing business travel lagging in recovery.

Since AZ, in the MST timezone year round, it doesn't observe daylight savings time. In PST (Nov-March) a 7:25 am SEA depature arrives in PDX at 11:23. Not too business friendly.

I found a 2015 AS route schedule in PDF format; 186 pages. In 2015 AS was running 5-6 non-stop daily flights SEA-PHX. The first departure, 6:00 am. The schedule you see in Jan/Feb 2021 is marginally more capacity than in 2015. Do you believe that there hasn't been any growth in that market in the last 6 years? Or, do you see that the current market conditions required a capacity reduction of 4 to 5 daily flights which pushes it back to 2015 levels?

Is this all tedious because it is a route you don't follow but still need to question me because you think I am incorrect?

James
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
As to the delay, my apologies! My mother became ill and was hospitalized. Her condition was terminal. Since palliative care only allows two designated Essential Visitors with wrist bands during COVID-19, we chose to bring her home so she could be surrounded by all her loved ones. We had 10 wonderful days with her before she passed.

Whether then or now, I feel it is important to correct information that is incorrect. Apparantly for some, illustrating such with supporting documentation is "tedious," without supporting documentation, also "tedious." I have no issues with being corrected when shown to be wrong. I guess not everyone views it that way.

James

Last edited by dayone; Jul 17, 2020 at 2:10 pm Reason: Redact quote of deleted post and reference to it.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 11:41 am

I'm very sorry for your loss, James. I hope that one day in the future you can be "Flying For Fun" again and able to raise a glass in your Mother's name in an exotic locale, perhaps somewhere with meaning to you both.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
very sorry for your loss James
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by NoLaGent

I have had my August flights change 3 times already in the past week. The latest flight change email arrived just now. Different from the one I received just yesterday.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
As to the delay, my apologies! My mother became ill and was hospitalized. Her condition was terminal. Since palliative care only allows two designated Essential Visitors with wrist bands during COVID-19, we chose to bring her home so she could be surrounded by all her loved ones. We had 10 wonderful days with her before she passed.

Whether then or now, I feel it is important to correct information that is incorrect. Apparantly for some, illustrating such with supporting documentation is "tedious," without supporting documentation, also "tedious." I have no issues with being corrected when shown to be wrong. I guess not everyone views it that way.

James
I'm really sorry for your loss, James.
Finkface and Flying for Fun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.