Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Entering Portland Airport Terminal Night Before

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold

I have an early morning flight out of PDX and am staying at an airport hotel the night before; I'm wondering, would they allow me to clear security with my early morning departure boarding pass and eat and drink at the PP restaurants the night before?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:17 am

ive seen people turned away because its not the same date as their flight, but theoretically you could say you are sleeping in the terminal
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Won't the PP restaurants (down to Capers Cafe and Westward Whiskey) ask for your same day boarding pass as well? Seems like there's better options landside and off premise.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Won't the PP restaurants (down to Capers Cafe and Westward Whiskey) ask for your same day boarding pass as well? Seems like there's better options landside and off premise.
Probably not less expensive options, OP is apparently going to enter, chow down a few free meals, then leave, return for flights.

I’m surprised OP hasn’t asked about this as an option to eat at PDX PP restaurants every day:

https://nypost.com/2014/01/29/man-us...ee-for-a-year/
RAD_PDX and Crazy Dave like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In a word, TSA will not permit OP entry to the sterile area the day before his scheduled flight. And even if it would, he won't have a same day BP to use his benefit.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Often1
And even if it would, he won't have a same day BP to use his benefit.
Are they enforcing that at PDX? I've had eight Priority Pass restaurant visits since January 1 at other U.S. airport restaurant locations and just don't get asked. They're quite happy to scan my card and be done with it.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Are they enforcing that at PDX? I've had eight Priority Pass restaurant visits since January 1 at other U.S. airport restaurant locations and just don't get asked. They're quite happy to scan my card and be done with it.
Right, why wouldn't they? They get paid for each swipe.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:50 pm

At Capers, absolutely they check. Look at the thread
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Intermittently. I've eaten at Capers two or three times so far this year on my PP, and I think had my boarding pass checked one time.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Intermittently. I've eaten at Capers two or three times so far this year on my PP, and I think had my boarding pass checked one time.
Interesting, I use my PP at Capers at least once a week and can’t remember the last time they DIDN'T ask for a boarding pass. Also they have been cracking down on using Capers as a grocery store lately, so only one of each item allowed now. I used to be able to grab a couple of banana breads for breakfast the next day.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Interesting, I use my PP at Capers at least once a week and can’t remember the last time they DIDN'T ask for a boarding pass.
Maybe you're there so much they started to think you work at the airport and aren't flying? I'm typically 2-3 weeks between trips, though I'm starting to recognize the waitstaff. I normally schedule my arrival at the airport pretty tightly, so I'm at capers less frequently, though so far this year I've been atypically early.
Waitlisted likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.