Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Main Cabin Pre-Order Is Now Available on Most 1.5+-Hour Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:59 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Fresh fare made to pre-order—now on more flights

Our West Coast-inspired seasonal menus are to fly for! Pre-order is now available on most meal flights starting three weeks before your flight and up to 20 hours before takeoff. It’s easy with our mobile app or on our website.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ER#reservefood

My experience is that it also includes limited offerings on Horizon and Skywest E75 flights.
pcoll likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
Fresh fare made to pre-order—now on more flights

Our West Coast-inspired seasonal menus are to fly for! Pre-order is now available on most meal flights starting three weeks before your flight and up to 20 hours before takeoff. It’s easy with our mobile app or on our website.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ER#reservefood

My experience is that it also includes limited offerings on Horizon and Skywest E75 flights.
I must be on the wrong thread since there's only one post, but I'll ask here anyway: Can I PRE-PAY for someone traveling in Y that is not me (but family in Y, different last name). I'd like to use my credit card for their meal. We usually travel in F so have no idea how it works to pay for a Y meal - is that usually done on board? or in advance on-line?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I must be on the wrong thread since there's only one post, but I'll ask here anyway: Can I PRE-PAY for someone traveling in Y that is not me (but family in Y, different last name). I'd like to use my credit card for their meal. We usually travel in F so have no idea how it works to pay for a Y meal - is that usually done on board? or in advance on-line?
You cannot. Online pre-order only reserves the item. The actual purchase is still made onboard.
pcoll likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:41 am

Ok, thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: AS
i have same situation, wanting to pay for family member flying in Y. I can still preorder for them because I have their confirmation code for flight . They will need to pay with their CC. Daughter staying at our house while we are gone. Left cash for her.
I would be nice to pre pay.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
i have same situation, wanting to pay for family member flying in Y. I can still preorder for them because I have their confirmation code for flight . They will need to pay with their CC. Daughter staying at our house while we are gone. Left cash for her.
I would be nice to pre pay.
Hmmm....We're going to be on the same flight as them, do they have a manifest of names in Y? Would there be an issue if I just gave them my credit card to pay when it got to their row (different last names)?

(we didn't plan to be on the same flight, our connection out of SEA got changed to their flight out of PDX, they think it's funny we'll be in F).
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:07 am

Hmmm....We're going to be on the same flight as them, do they have a manifest of names in Y? Would there be an issue if I just gave them my credit card to pay when it got to their row (different last names)?

(we didn't plan to be on the same flight, our connection out of SEA got changed to their flight out of PDX, they think it's funny we'll be in F).
Yes, I would just give them a CC. Pretty sure FA does not check name, just that card goes through when scanned.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K

If you know the seat number(s), you can purchase something when the FA gets to you and they can deliver it to the other pax. I've often ordered F&C platters while sitting in F for colleagues who were in Y. I just gave the FA the seat numbers and they were delivered.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:11 am

Yes, I would just give them a CC. Pretty sure FA does not check name, just that card goes through when scanned.
Works for me. If there's an issue they can just come up front and ask us. Is the AS Visa still giving a discount on in-flight purchases?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:43 am

I've used pre-order a couple times now and like it. A quick question that I can't find an answer to though: Is there a way to see what I've pre-ordered? I ran in to the situation last week where I thought I pre-ordered food but could not confirm in the app - then I had to decide if I would get airport food because I wasn't sure if I could count on food being available on the flight.

Some indication or email or anything would be helpful for those who pre-ordered in advance and can't remember if they got something (but maybe I'm just not seeing it in the app?).
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:00 am

Works for me. If there's an issue they can just come up front and ask us. Is the AS Visa still giving a discount on in-flight purchases?
yes, 20%.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by sholnay
I've used pre-order a couple times now and like it. A quick question that I can't find an answer to though: Is there a way to see what I've pre-ordered? I ran in to the situation last week where I thought I pre-ordered food but could not confirm in the app - then I had to decide if I would get airport food because I wasn't sure if I could count on food being available on the flight.

Some indication or email or anything would be helpful for those who pre-ordered in advance and can't remember if they got something (but maybe I'm just not seeing it in the app?).
not sure about the app. Have been able to find it night before flying when checking PNR.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:13 am

not sure about the app. Have been able to find it night before flying when checking PNR.
What do you mean "when checking PNR"? During checkin does it give a summary of pre-ordered food? I might have just missed that (but would solve the problem I guess).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.