Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call (2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

A New Year and a new opportunity to post your MVP/MVP/MVPG75K status qualification roll call on AS or AS+Partner flights.

2020 Qualification Roll Call
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

CX Black Friday Specials and a few flights with a friend has given me an early start to 2021 Status Qualification. After visiting a friend in Singapore and a week in Cape Town, I have ended my January Flying earning 61,766 AS+Partner EQM on 57,793 BIS miles across 15 flights. I am just waiting for my last two CX flights to post. I flew CX on January 16th, 17th, 18th & 20th. Those CX flights all posted together on January 21st which was quicker than anticipated. Mileage Plan RDM earned to date is 134,007. Projected MVPG75K qualification date is April 1st. That isn't a joke!

Additionally, I flew 1 award, 2 segments & 1 non AS EQM earning flight for another 4,891 BIS miles.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Crossed MVP in January on the strength of one roundtrip to SIN via FRA (SQ) , plus one transcon roundtrip (AS). Two more transcon roundtrips planned in the next few days.

Should re-qualify MVPG before the end of Q1. Maybe MVPG75K this year? We'll see.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
It typically takes me about 3/4 of the year to hit 75k, so I rarely pay attention of the status until later in the year. Today I did look and found that as a MM my bar color is gold (not blue like it used to be until I hit 40k) but what really struck me was that it doesn't tell me how many miles to MVP, instead it says how many miles to MVPG 75k. I guess it makes sense as I have lifetime Gold, but still have to fly 75k to reach that tier. (btw, Ive only flown 5357 miles in January, its a long ways to go yet)
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
For complementary upgrades, I see
Elite level MVP members
Upgrade windows 48 hours prior to departure
Fare class order B, M, H, Q, L, V, N, K, G, T, R, W
I wonder if R ever gets a chance?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Elite level MVP members
I was upgraded PDX-PAE, PDX-SAN, ABQ-PDX, SAN-SEA, SAN-STL and SEA-STL as an MVP on R fares last year.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Have been upgraded on DEN-SEA already this year on an R fare, and I think on SEA-BOI. Plus a PDX-PAE RT.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
And returning to the thread topic, after making 75K on Dec. 31, I thought there might be less travel this year. Well, Q1 has been pretty busy- already over 11k AS only. Likely to hit MVP in mid-Feb and may hit gold in Q1.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Elite level MVP members
I know I'm not MVP, but your question got me looking at my history, as MVPG.

Not just R - even W can score! Last year, on 8 flights as W, I got 5 upgrades to F and 2 to PC. On 23 flights in R, I got 7 upgrades to F and 9 in PC. I declined one upgrade to PC since it was to a middle seat. And I did a SDC where I gave up F on original flight for PC on actual flight.
Flying for Fun and Bellerina like this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
I hit MVP (for the first time ever) today on a JFK>SFO flight.

My vacation time balance at work had gotten to the point where I wasn't going to accumulate any more time till I took some days off, so I've flown here and there for some long weekends at destinations I enjoy visiting, plus a few pure bargain mileage runs.

Now with the cheap fares to Hawaii from SEA and my employer's mandate that we all telecommute, I'll be moving toward MVPG while "working from home" a bit from Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island in the next couple months.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
I flew 12k miles in Jan and had the same amount or even more for February and March. I thought MVP 75k was a strong possibility this year...

then COVID hit and i flew nowhere in Feb. I just cancelled my Austin flight because of SXSW cancellation and going to have to cancel most of my trans cons because most of my customers are working under a total flight grounding, so I can’t show up when they are grounded.

at this rate, requal for MVPG might be a stretch...
Old Apr 7, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Ho! Carryover MVPG status for 2021 and at least MVP for 2022. Can't wait to see what type of EQM shenanigans they come up with for the second half of the year.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Should we start the 2022 thread? MVP for me
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Got it in the inbox too. 2021 is a good year already.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Should we start the 2022 thread? MVP for me
I will rollover 89,221 AS+Partner. I could be 75K for 2022 on January 1st, 2001. lol Just fell short of my projected 2000 Q1 75K requalification with all the changes and cancellations. Of course there will be others that will requalify with the rollover. I won't stop flying though.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.