Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX Dining Options Near AS Concourse

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:21 pm

Even without precheck, both terminals are connected airside so just choose whichever security line is smallest. 3 hours is plenty!
jinglish likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Thanks, guys. Yes, we have an Amex-tied PP. I don't think we want to leave the premises completely, the other place I was considering was the Country Cat, but I'll take a look at that link in #8 . Our Precheck is totally random, sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't.
Country Cat is a great choice.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by mctaste
Even without precheck, both terminals are connected airside so just choose whichever security line is smallest. 3 hours is plenty!
I've never flown anything but AS/AA/WN out of PDX so this will be our first venture to the "other side".
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I thought the title was Breaches at PDX (as in, security) and was so confused why OP was talking about food in their post
be_rettSEA and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Great...

It's now made the first page "news" so we'll get lots more breach posts. Sorry to have caused widespread panic with my dinner plans.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K
The Henry's Tavern down the C concourse is really good (still inside security). That's full service sit down. There is also a good food court area with 4-5 places near that. They have Mo's seafood/chowder, and a good Vietnamese spot. Also a pizza place and a Yum Bowl.

Security wise the access point for the D concourse tends to be a lot less crowded and, as someone previously mentioned, the concourses connect so you can take either security point. I recently looked at the pre-check line on the B/C concourse side and there were 25+ people. Walked down to the D side and there was not a soul in line. I chatted with the TSA lady a bit and she said it's always like that. B/C has Alaska and Southwest which are the two big players at PDX. I believe that will be changing soon as a new concourse is being built for Alaska or Southwest (can't remember which).
jinglish likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:45 pm

Beaches is 100% NOT worth leaving security for. They serve pretty insipid, uninspiring food. I mean if you like your dish with a side of nursing home squash and carrots this is your joint. They usually have quite good service but they are a hard pass for me (PDX is my home airport). Head over to Country Cat for an excellent meal in airport.
jinglish and tusphotog like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Am I the only one who initially thought this thread was about a bReach in PDX security?? Lol....with that said, 3 hours is more than enough time to eat Beaches, especially if you have pre-check.
And I thought it was an intentional misspelling of a not so nice word for some people working security. Glad to read it was actually about a restaurant at PDX.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Thanks, guys. Yes, we have an Amex-tied PP. I don't think we want to leave the premises completely, the other place I was considering was the Country Cat, but I'll take a look at that link in #8 . Our Precheck is totally random, sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't.
Be sure to use your AMEX $100 Global Entry credit which comes with free Precheck (as long as your known traveler number is in your reservation).
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Be sure to use your AMEX $100 Global Entry credit which comes with free Precheck (as long as your known traveler number is in your reservation).
There are a gazillion Amex cards...mine does not come with Global Entry credit.

And thanks to whichever Mod made my title not so click-bait-ey
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:40 pm

I would not go out of my way to eat at Country Cat...
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtofell
I recently looked at the pre-check line on the B/C concourse side and there were 25+ people. Walked down to the D side and there was not a soul in line. I chatted with the TSA lady a bit and she said it's always like that.
Sunday evenings when there aren't a lot of flights they shut down precheck on the B/C side around 8pm and you have do go through security on the D side if you want to use precheck. I've never had to wait behind more than a few people on a sunday evening, though.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I forgot to mention that Screen Door is coming to PDX sometime later this year. I assume it will be sit down style like the original and hopefully have the same great food.
I've done the Screen Door on a layover before. Might have been 4 hours, a bit tight time-wise but very tasty.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell
The Henry's Tavern down the C concourse is really good (still inside security). That's full service sit down. There is also a good food court area with 4-5 places near that. They have Mo's seafood/chowder, and a good Vietnamese spot. Also a pizza place and a Yum Bowl.

Security wise the access point for the D concourse tends to be a lot less crowded and, as someone previously mentioned, the concourses connect so you can take either security point. I recently looked at the pre-check line on the B/C concourse side and there were 25+ people. Walked down to the D side and there was not a soul in line. I chatted with the TSA lady a bit and she said it's always like that. B/C has Alaska and Southwest which are the two big players at PDX. I believe that will be changing soon as a new concourse is being built for Alaska or Southwest (can't remember which).
Henry's usually has a pretty decent tap list too. Hard to beat Boneyard RPM IPA on tap. Beer isn't usually considered a food, but it helped get the pyramids built...
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by spamman808
Henry's usually has a pretty decent tap list too. Hard to beat Boneyard RPM IPA on tap. Beer isn't usually considered a food, but it helped get the pyramids built...
Oh yeah, Boneyard is one of the best IPAs we have around here.... and there are A LOT. A small local bar I frequent got a keg of it when they were a totally unknown brewery. The demand took off so fast that they wouldn't sell to new bars until they could catch up. Everyone kept coming to the bar to try it since word was spreading and it was the only place around to get it. The whole brewing business in Oregon is out of control. Every guy in Portland makes beer in his parent's basement then borrows money to open a restaurant. It's like watching people walk off a plank. Every month there are 10 new "breweries" and 10 close.
spamman808 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.