Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska lounge membership via AMEX airline benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Does charging your annual membership via amex plat trigger the 200 airline incidental credit? what about day passes? (yes alaska is my selected airline)
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at the wiki and posts in this thread in the American Express credit card forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...orts-only.html
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Yes it does trigger
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
I used my AMEX Credit to purchase lounge membership on January 2nd. The credit has not posted yet. T&Cs state 4 weeks so I'm not worried about it.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I used my credit in later December and it took a couple weeks to post.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Last December purchased membership on the AMEX Gold Card - personnel, with Alaska listed as my selected airline. After 60 days the credit did not issue. Called AMEX and had it issued later that day.

Last edited by jimmygottfredson; Jan 7, 2023 at 5:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
So I tried to purchase a lounge membership yesterday at Sea-Tac using my Amex. I wanted to split it over 2 cards (Platinum and Hilton Aspire) but apparently they don't let you do this anymore. (I know they used to.) They just switched over to a new system a few days ago that won't let you split the charge over two different cards. I emailed them but no answer yet. Online won't let you do it over 2 cards either. Does anyone know of a way to split the AS Board Membership into 2 credit cards?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ssk244
So I tried to purchase a lounge membership yesterday at Sea-Tac using my Amex. I wanted to split it over 2 cards (Platinum and Hilton Aspire) but apparently they don't let you do this anymore. (I know they used to.) They just switched over to a new system a few days ago that won't let you split the charge over two different cards. I emailed them but no answer yet. Online won't let you do it over 2 cards either. Does anyone know of a way to split the AS Board Membership into 2 credit cards?
The only way to do it was in person so if they did in fact change systems and can't, you are out of luck.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The only way to do it was in person so if they did in fact change systems and can't, you are out of luck.
Yup, they had to manually split the payment in the system. So it's very possible this may be gone, have to see when I pay my yearly dues.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: Yes
I asked at the SFO lounge today and they stated it had to be one transaction (a single card).

🤞🏻
mildfrequence and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:35 pm

That sucks. Would have gotten the membership a couple weeks ago if I had know they were changing the system.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I've been emailing with AS and they said that they can do the transaction over 2 cards at SFO and the SFO lounge is currently running a promo there's a $50 discount if purchased there. Will try it out on Friday!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ssk244
I've been emailing with AS and they said that they can do the transaction over 2 cards at SFO and the SFO lounge is currently running a promo there's a $50 discount if purchased there. Will try it out on Friday!
I’m presuming you mean a $50 discount on the cost of a lounge membership, and if so could you please ask when you’re there on Friday how long the promo runs thru for those of us that aren’t going to be there for a few more weeks? It would be so greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
I’m presuming you mean a $50 discount on the cost of a lounge membership, and if so could you please ask when you’re there on Friday how long the promo runs thru for those of us that aren’t going to be there for a few more weeks? It would be so greatly appreciated!
I believe the $50 discount is for new members only and valid in-lounge through the end of the month. (if I got this wrong someone please correct me).

As for splitting into more than one payment, I posted up thread on this: on 8/31 the SFO lounge said they cannot do it.

🤞🏻
Kacee and mildfrequence like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
kinda tempting to stack an Amex airline credit with $50 off of the mvp rate hmmmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.