Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Select seats on AA flights(AS codeshare) in AS app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite

I'm able today to select seats(including Main Cabin Extra seats) on AA-operated AS-codeshare flights in AS app. The flight number is the AS number not the AA number now, and as an MVP Gold I'm able to select Main Cabin Extra seats(seems like MVP is able to as well?) However, still can't select seats on AS website. An improvement to the AA/AS partnership?

Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:05 pm

Shhhhhh.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Wow, that's a massive improvement. I have to take the LAX-SAN shuttle a lot so being able to pick a seat would be bonus.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Smoke and mirrors in my experience. You can select a seat on the AS app, but it doesn't update the seat selection in the AA database.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Smoke and mirrors in my experience. You can select a seat on the AS app, but it doesn't update the seat selection in the AA database.
For me it does. In my AA reservation I got the same seat(but if I change to other MCE seats on AA site I still have to pay)
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
For me it does. In my AA reservation I got the same seat(but if I change to other MCE seats on AA site I still have to pay)
How long do you wait to see the update on the AA app? I just tried this again and ended up with the seat selection being cancelled on AA.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
How long do you wait to see the update on the AA app? I just tried this again and ended up with the seat selection being cancelled on AA.
The update was instant. Hmm that's strange.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:20 pm

This isn't supposed to work. Be grateful that sometimes it does. It's not a new benefit. If anything it's a bug, and the more you talk about it the more likely it is that they fix the bug and you can't select a seat any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.