Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines Wines - Drinkable or Unthinkable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Wines - Drinkable or Unthinkable?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
Its all in how you cook it .Hawaiian chefs make it taste terriffic
Is that the truth or is this a SPAM? lol

James
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:40 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I dont think its too far away in the future years where US flights will become dry FAA mandated. Its no secret most unruly passenger safety problems are caused by inebriated people. Im actually still suprised its still allowed to this day
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:41 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Is that the truth or is this a SPAM? lol

James
lol good one
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by ANC
I dont think its too far away in the future years where US flights will become dry FAA mandated. Its no secret most unruly passenger safety problems are caused by inebriated people. Im actually still suprised its still allowed to this day
I'll bet 10-1 odds that does not happen in the near future (let's say 5 years). Far too many entrenched interests & profiteers that would get such a proposed reg thrown out. If anything, alcohol consumption is going up in public places, not down.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:43 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by jjmadison
I'll bet 10-1 odds that does not happen in the near future (let's say 5 years). Far too many entrenched interests & profiteers that would get such a proposed reg thrown out. If anything, alcohol consumption is going up in public places, not down.
yeah your probably correct since some of the most frequent fliers are in Congress and some of the biggest drunks are in Congress. Like the former speaker John Boehner or insert any federal congressman here
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jjmadison
Originally Posted by ANC
yeah your probably correct since some of the most frequent fliers are in Congress and some of the biggest drunks are in Congress. Like the former speaker John Boehner or insert any federal congressman here
Seems unlikely given volume of liquor sales and the value of that income stream, but It's happened before...I seem to remember seeing a vintage ad or menu advising passengers of a a two-drink limit. See article in Air & Space.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS
First class yesterday. Asked FA if I could possibly have Prosecco from Y instead of the canned sparkling wine. he had one sent up and served with a smile. Really enjoyed the service on this flight. SEA/LAX
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
This was started because of the undrinkable swill served in Premium on a short flight some months ago. It was some individual bottle with a screw cap.

My PTSD remains from that experience, I still fear ordering any white wine while in Premium.

It is fair for me to update. The white wine served in First on flights during the past few months have been drinkable for me.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:51 am

AS SEA Lounge Sparkling White

I prefer a cocktail in F class, but in AS SEA lounges I usually drink the Wycliff sparkling white. The label says “California champagne.” It’s only $6 a bottle but is very drinkable. I wouldn’t bring it to a friends home, but would absolutely buy it for mimosas when people come over.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
This was started because of the undrinkable swill served in Premium on a short flight some months ago. It was some individual bottle with a screw cap.

My PTSD remains from that experience, I still fear ordering any white wine while in Premium.

It is fair for me to update. The white wine served in First on flights during the past few months have been drinkable for me.
Strange - what route was this on? Have never been served mini bottles of wine on AS (definitely have on AA and UA), just a pour from larger bottles on the cart. Have seen a few reports from folks who have received the mini bottles though.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
pmVX (early merger) used to cater mini bottles, no?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium
I wish they still served Trevari sparkling wine in lounge and FC.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DrAlex
pmVX (early merger) used to cater mini bottles, no?
VX used to serve Sofia sparkling wine in a can...
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Strange - what route was this on? Have never been served mini bottles of wine on AS (definitely have on AA and UA), just a pour from larger bottles on the cart. Have seen a few reports from folks who have received the mini bottles though.
On certain shorter flights, instead of the pour from a larger bottle, wine splits are served in Premium and Main Cabin in the interest of saving time as to be able to offer a full beverage service. On these flights small water bottles are offered as well, instead of pouring from a larger bottle.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
On certain shorter flights, instead of the pour from a larger bottle, wine splits are served in Premium and Main Cabin in the interest of saving time as to be able to offer a full beverage service. On these flights small water bottles are offered as well, instead of pouring from a larger bottle.
Ahh, that explains it. I generally fly coast to coast (or routes like LAX/SEA) so plenty of time for wine pours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.