Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Partner flight, no-partner marketed. Miles ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

What are people's experiences with flights operated by a partner, but marketed by non-partner? For example a BA flight with an IB flight number, or KE flight with a DL flight number. Have you gotten your miles?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
yes, u just need manual submission as long as operating carrier is alaska's partner. but others may chime in as well
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
If the rules are followed, you should get no miles. YMMV if you try manual submission:

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Korean Air.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–1999
2000–2999
6000–6999
8000–8999

--
Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–05312200–22398000–80200539–14992250–22898200– 82992030–20452540–27998450–84972061–20692900–29992 150–21696200–6449To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (BA) must precede the flight number (for example, BA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by felicidad76
yes, u just need manual submission as long as operating carrier is alaska's partner. but others may chime in as well
Absolutely incorrect! They may allow a credit on a manual request if both the operating carrier and marketing carrier are both partners.

James
DrAlex and ashill like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
What are people's experiences with flights operated by a partner, but marketed by non-partner? For example a BA flight with an IB flight number, or KE flight with a DL flight number. Have you gotten your miles?
The amount that would credit to AS is Zero!

James
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
I had Korean metal and delta sold. So boarding pass was from ke and all miles were deposited in business class after manual request.
ashill likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
In general if operated by a partner it will earn points with a manual request. EK has different wording so that may be an exception. In reality YMMV and AS could change its interpretation at any time so there is always a risk of Zero
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by felicidad76
I had Korean metal and delta sold. So boarding pass was from ke and all miles were deposited in business class after manual request.
Was this recently or was DL still a partner when you flew KE? That makes a difference!

If recently, sure, DL sold you a KE flight with a native flight number, not a codeshare and despite the flight having a DL ticket numbet AS credited your Mileage Plan account. Technically not eligible and often abused. This is why AS is now requesting invoices!

James
Finkface likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Absolutely incorrect! They may allow a credit on a manual request if both the operating carrier and marketing carrier are both partners.

James
Anything may work OP should try and report back
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Anything may work OP should try and report back
As stated, AS is already starting to request invoices along with boarding passes. If pax contine sending in boarding passes for ineligible credit, it won't be long before there is a strict adherence to the clearly written rules. I guess you are in favour of that!

I had a legitimate QF flight purchased on QF BNE-SYD in February. It didn't post automatically. I requested a manual credit. AS added the flight to Mileage Plan in "pending" status and advised they had sent a request to QF to credit the miles. It sat in pending status for over a week before the miles finally posted.

But, hey! You do you as you always do while you suggest others not do what you do if it affects you! That is so you!

James
Finkface likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it's ok for you to abuse routings on awards (SFO-SEA-LAX, with a stopover in SEA, as a one-way for 5k miles) or companion fares, but not for people to request miles on partner-operated flights even if the marketing carrier is not a partner?

I think most of us here look for loopholes where we can find them. But if anyone is going to be throwing stones, it certainly shouldn't be you from your glass house.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:29 am

So it's ok for you to abuse routings on awards (SFO-SEA-LAX, with a stopover in SEA, as a one-way for 5k miles) or companion fares, but not for people to request miles on partner-operated flights even if the marketing carrier is not a partner?

I think most of us here look for loopholes where we can find them. But if anyone is going to be throwing stones, it certainly shouldn't be you from your glass house.
Reply as expected! Apples and oranges. Ignore what you can't refute and twist the rest.

What has companion fares got to do with crediting non-partner marketed flights to Mileage Plan? Knowingly requesting a credit for an ineligible flight is fraud! That is abusive!

The stopover in SEA is something I have discussed at least three times and have never booked it. Only in the last iteration did it seem to spark interest, including from you. Where is it written that this is abusive if booked? Companion fare routings have been exampled by many bloggers over multiple years and continue to offer great value if you choose to use it and understand how it works. Where is it written that this is abusive if booked?

Again, you do you! I have never booked a codeshare flight and requested credit for it, marketed by a partner or not. I never chance not getting credit, but that is me.

You do excel at assumptions though, much easier than research and facts. For the record, I don't live in a glass house so yet another wrong assumption, like most, on your part.

James
Finkface likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't get all this talking about flight club, loopholes exists because they are low priority to close. Everyone starts doing it, AS fixes it like the invoice request. There is a reason we don't talk about flight club.

Nothing wrong with sending in a request for partner operated flight. I sent my invoice in no problem with Dragon air coded, Cathay pacific operated flight. AS has in the past said its just fine to earn points on these.
rustykettel and Finkface like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
I don't get all this talking about flight club,
It's literally the name of the website...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's literally the name of the website...
Flyertalk was the place to discuss stuff not anymore because people cant just enjoy their gifts. Now all of the best deals are no longer posted and all the good stuff is word of mouth or has since been killed off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.