Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

LAX to ORD AS 1232 , typical O’Hare delay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k

Typical O’Hare delay now going on 2 hours in LAX. Should of stuck to my guns and went home to Seattle overnight then fly from Seattle to Milwaukee with a train to downtown Chicago. Instead stayed in a hotel in LA another night for this leg. O’Hare just sucks.

Literally just notified now delay nearing 3 hours.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Typical O’Hare delay now going on 2 hours in LAX. Should of stuck to my guns and went home to Seattle overnight then fly from Seattle to Milwaukee with a train to downtown Chicago. Instead stayed in a hotel in LA another night for this leg. O’Hare just sucks.

Literally just notified now delay nearing 3 hours.
It is not O'Hare's fault. Until humans figure out how to safely fly multiple commercial planes through and land them during thunderstorms, there will be delays. It you want to avoid delays, don't fly during thunderstorms at this time of year.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It is not O'Hare's fault. Until humans figure out how to safely fly multiple commercial planes through and land them during thunderstorms, there will be delays. It you want to avoid delays, don't fly during thunderstorms at this time of year.

funny that the same storm affects Milwaukee and same snow pattern in winter. I’ve been lucky that the Seattle to MKE flight has not once cancelled or significantly delayed.

Its the organization and crowds of ohare. One flight delay for 15 minutes kicks every single plane down the line which leads to hour delays and most frustrating is the uncertainty.

So in response I have no issues with the humans capabilities to respond to inclement weather but rather Ohare itself.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Now in the air. Airbus and sitting FC 2D. The seat recline button doesn’t work or the leg support. The FA must do this manually while I stand up.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Now in the air. Airbus and sitting FC 2D. The seat recline button doesn’t work or the leg support. The FA must do this manually while I stand up.
Pretty typical AIrbus F behavior. I've had it a couple times this year and have observed passengers around me with the same issue.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:21 am

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond

funny that the same storm affects Milwaukee and same snow pattern in winter. I’ve been lucky that the Seattle to MKE flight has not once cancelled or significantly delayed.

Its the organization and crowds of ohare. One flight delay for 15 minutes kicks every single plane down the line which leads to hour delays and most frustrating is the uncertainty.

So in response I have no issues with the humans capabilities to respond to inclement weather but rather Ohare itself.
Ummmmm.....the airport didn't grow organically, all by itself; isn't it the humans who "planned" (or maybe a better term is "didn't plan well") for over-capacity at O'Hare? You're absolutely correct: MKE doesn't have as many issues because it doesn't have (or "the humans have not planned for") so many flights and people.

And, there are plenty of times every day around the world when - no matter what airport and no matter how few planes are involved - flying isn't possible and schedules can't be met simply because of inclement weather. No human involvement required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.