Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC-PAE vs. SEA

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Co-terminal just means that the airline considers the airport to be in the same metro area. From 17H of the contract of carriage:
Alaska will make no refund if transportation is provided from the point of Schedule Irregularity to the ticketed destination or Stopover airport, or a co-terminal as determined by Alaska. Examples of co-terminal airports include, but are not limited to:
  1. Burbank/BUR, Long Beach/LGB, Los Angeles/LAX, Ontario/ONT, Orange County/SNA
  2. Orange County/SNA, San Diego/SAN
  3. Houston Bush/IAH, Houston Hobby/HOU
  4. Palm Springs/PSP, Ontario/ONT
  5. Oakland/OAK, San Francisco/SFO, San Jose/SJC
  6. Washington-Reagan/DCA, Washington-Dulles/IAD, Baltimore/BWI
  7. Newark/EWR, New York/JFK, New York/LGA
  8. Seattle/SEA, Bellingham/BLI
  9. Bellingham/BLI, Vancouver/YVR
Alaska doesn’t allow SDC switches between the vast majority of these co-terminal groups.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is really useful information; it should be somewhere easily accessible.

Yesterday when changing my SFO-LAX flight, it didn't click in my head that I should switch to an SNA flight, despite the fact that I'm staying in Huntington Beach. The result was a Lyft ride that was more expensive than AND took longer than my flight. At least I got to fly in F on a pmVX.

Anyway I just SDCed my return to SNA-SFO. My first time on an Embraer too. Despite the fact that EF is showing F1, the seat map shows 4 empty, so I don't know if some underselling of F is going on. Either way, it's fine.. short flight.

Should I get a choice of chocolate or drink on Horizon? Or is that AS only?

Last edited by VegasGambler; May 18, 2019 at 8:00 pm
Old May 18, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by VegasGambler

You should still get the choice. They usually keep the bag of chocolate in the front closet.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
This is really useful information; it should be somewhere easily accessible.

Yesterday when changing my SFO-LAX flight, it didn't click in my head that I should switch to an SNA flight, despite the fact that I'm staying in Huntington Beach. The result was a Lyft ride that was more expensive than AND took longer than my flight. At least I got to fly in F on a pmVX.

Anyway I just SDCed my return to SNA-SFO. My first time on an Embraer too. Despite the fact that EF is showing F1, the seat map shows 4 empty, so I don't know if some underselling of F is going on. Either way, it's fine.. short flight.

Did you show on the upgrade list after your SDC and if so were you able to determine where you "landed?"

James
Old May 18, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Did you show on the upgrade list after your SDC and if so were you able to determine where you "landed?"

James
The first one, yes, but it was just me for a while and then I've more person joined. It's entirely possible that that person changed after me, or it's possible that I was slotted ahead of that person. So, inconclusive.

2nd one is still 20 min from check-in, so, no way to tell. It seems pretty clear to me that they are underselling F and overselling Y on that flight, most likely by by 2-3 seats (seat map shows 4 seats in first, econ cabin full. Inventory is F1 Y2)
Old May 18, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ctporter
Last month I had a PDX SEA flight that was delayed 1.5hrs due to ATC at SEA, after a while they started asking anyone in the gate area that was on one of the three delayed flights to SEA if they wanted to go to PAE on a flight that would leave in 20 mins. They even got those with checked bags moved over. he GA said it was a co-terminal and that is why they could offer the chance to change our flights.
There's a lot more discretion in a delay. A co-terminal is not necessary.
VegasGambler and be_rettSEA like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I have never tried asking for an SDC between DAL and DFW since rule says co-terminals not allowed but it sounds like you might get lucky if you call? I will at least try next time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.