Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flight bought on expedia/get alaska miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Hello, I'm new to the airmiles world. Can a person book a flight thru Expedia on alaska airlines and retain airmiles on alaska airmiles program? Thank you for your time.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Franzal
Hello, I'm new to the airmiles world. Can a person book a flight thru Expedia on alaska airlines and retain airmiles on alaska airmiles program? Thank you for your time.
Yes! Expedia will probably give you the option of applying your Mileage Plan number when booking, and you can contact Alaska to have it added if not. AS doesn't place any restrictions on mileage earning when ticketed by other carriers like, say, UA does.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Yes, however it is almost certainly better to book your flight directly at alaskaair.com. That way if there are any issues with your ticket you can work directly with Alaska instead of having to go through Expedia's horrid support.

Neil
T2A, Alexsth2011 and writerguyfl like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by missamo80
Yes, however it is almost certainly better to book your flight directly at alaskaair.com. That way if there are any issues with your ticket you can work directly with Alaska instead of having to go through Expedia's horrid support.

Neil
1000% agreed!!!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:14 pm

You can still earn miles, just make sure you enter your mileage plan number in passenger details. There are certain circumstances when it makes sense to book outside of Alaska, sometimes the hotel+flight bundles on Expedia can help save a couple hundred bucks!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by jinglish
Yes! Expedia will probably give you the option of applying your Mileage Plan number when booking, and you can contact Alaska to have it added if not. AS doesn't place any restrictions on mileage earning when ticketed by other carriers like, say, UA does.
Though a ticket purchased through Expedia would almost certainly be ticketed by Alaska anyway if it contains only Alaska flights, just like an Expedia ticket containing only United flights would almost certainly be ticketed by United and thus earn United miles. The difference relates to interline tickets ticketed by another carrier, not whether you purchase the ticket directly from the airline or through a travel agent.
jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the help

Do I apply the flight details on the Alaska airmile site? Has anyone done this before? I tried looking around for a place to input the flight and what not, but I did not see an area to do it. Again, thank you.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:43 am

It's in passenger details section on expedia when purchasing. If you don't see it don't sweat it. Once the transaction is done expedia will give you a confirmation code that you can use on alaska's site where you can view your itinerary and add your mileage number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.