FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Flight bought on expedia/get alaska miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1961033-flight-bought-expedia-get-alaska-miles.html)

Franzal Mar 15, 2019 11:40 am

Flight bought on expedia/get alaska miles

Hello, I'm new to the airmiles world. Can a person book a flight thru Expedia on alaska airlines and retain airmiles on alaska airmiles program? Thank you for your time.

jinglish Mar 15, 2019 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Franzal (Post 30891174)
Hello, I'm new to the airmiles world. Can a person book a flight thru Expedia on alaska airlines and retain airmiles on alaska airmiles program? Thank you for your time.

Yes! Expedia will probably give you the option of applying your Mileage Plan number when booking, and you can contact Alaska to have it added if not. AS doesn't place any restrictions on mileage earning when ticketed by other carriers like, say, UA does.

missamo80 Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am

Yes, however it is almost certainly better to book your flight directly at alaskaair.com. That way if there are any issues with your ticket you can work directly with Alaska instead of having to go through Expedia's horrid support.

Neil

BOB W Mar 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80 (Post 30891210)
Yes, however it is almost certainly better to book your flight directly at alaskaair.com. That way if there are any issues with your ticket you can work directly with Alaska instead of having to go through Expedia's horrid support.

Neil

1000% agreed!!!

donuttime Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm

You can still earn miles, just make sure you enter your mileage plan number in passenger details. There are certain circumstances when it makes sense to book outside of Alaska, sometimes the hotel+flight bundles on Expedia can help save a couple hundred bucks!

ashill Mar 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish (Post 30891179)
Yes! Expedia will probably give you the option of applying your Mileage Plan number when booking, and you can contact Alaska to have it added if not. AS doesn't place any restrictions on mileage earning when ticketed by other carriers like, say, UA does.

Though a ticket purchased through Expedia would almost certainly be ticketed by Alaska anyway if it contains only Alaska flights, just like an Expedia ticket containing only United flights would almost certainly be ticketed by United and thus earn United miles. The difference relates to interline tickets ticketed by another carrier, not whether you purchase the ticket directly from the airline or through a travel agent.

Franzal Mar 16, 2019 4:11 am

Thank you for the help

Do I apply the flight details on the Alaska airmile site? Has anyone done this before? I tried looking around for a place to input the flight and what not, but I did not see an area to do it. Again, thank you.

donuttime Mar 16, 2019 8:43 am

It's in passenger details section on expedia when purchasing. If you don't see it don't sweat it. Once the transaction is done expedia will give you a confirmation code that you can use on alaska's site where you can view your itinerary and add your mileage number.