Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
I flew out of SEA both last Saturday and Tuesday and I've never seen it more busy. The lines were insanely long. I am always flying AS so I generally only use checkpoint 4 for Pre. I thought I'd head down to 1 (had to find it because I thought it was beyond checkpoint 2 but you have to walk out beyond the ticketing area for Hawaiian and the international group). There was literally no one in line and 2 agents. If it's busy at 4, I'll definitely try 1 again.
Did they give you any attitude or issues for being in the “wrong” gate /terminal area?

I’ve tried to find alternative checkpoints whether it be for Precheck or premium lines and been given attitude about being in wrong gate area and redirected by the initial filter agent. I tried to explain and sometimes they say “Ok” and on a few occasions they said “sorry you need to go to ....”. I’m bewildered at this when this occurred for first class line, but don’t want to be labeled as “that guy” or worse by TSA so I just go and do as told.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Tuesday am / Skipped pre check, went to premium line with a one minute wait. Given card to keep shoes on and didn’t get nuked. I did have to take my laptop out, but no big.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
neither Mrs767 nor I (long-standing KTN in each profile) got Pre on our OLCI BPs for our 1045 flight tomorrow (Sat) morning ...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
neither Mrs767 nor I (long-standing KTN in each profile) got Pre on our OLCI BPs for our 1045 flight tomorrow (Sat) morning ...
Sometimes the information from your profile doesn't populate into the reservation. Try calling AS and ask them to make sure your KTN is in the reservation. Once confirmed, check-in again and TSA Pre should show.

James on the Oceania Marina in Faa'a Tahiti

Edit: My partner does not have a KTN but always gets TSA Pre when in the same reservation as me.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
No lines tonight just after 7 PM for PRE^

Go through and of course my flight is late... walked by 3 other delayed ANC flights too. Checked a bag so I couldn't swap- oh well.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Sometimes the information from your profile doesn't populate into the reservation. Try calling AS and ask them to make sure your KTN is in the reservation. Once confirmed, check-in again and TSA Pre should show.
thx ... although dyslexia is apparently an issue also

my KTN actually didn’t pull through, but when the phone agent read back her number, I realized I had transposed two digits ... he re-entered the info and everything populated properly
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pbelmore
Yeah, I had a day trip yesterday. There was space up on the 7th and 8th floors but you had to hunt it down (I parked all the way at the far end - it was quite a hike back to checkpoint 4). Cars were parked all over; on the curbs, in the yellow restricted zones, literally everywhere. Someone had parked on the curb so close to the exit ramp I could barely squeeze back down.

And I can't speak to today, but yesterday around 7:30 am there was little to no line at Precheck. I had to walk through the whole maze but then only ended up behind two people in the actual line.
I flew out of SEA this Wednesday mid-morning, and could not find parking in the airport garage. I had to drive back to my office and had my co-worker took me to the airport!! But at around 10:30 AM, the TSA pre check line at Checkpoint #1 was empty, and I had only 5 people in front of me when going through ID check.
pbelmore likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by jrl767

thx ... although dyslexia is apparently an issue also

my KTN actually didn’t pull through, but when the phone agent read back her number, I realized I had transposed two digits ... he re-entered the info and everything populated properly
Even with TSA precheck every once in a while you can be randomly assigned to not have precheck. This has happened to me twice in last 6 years or so.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
PM me for a special code for CLEAR (nice discount, not one of those 2-3 mos free gimmicks). I do NOT earn a commission for this. Nor am I a paid influencer.

Last edited by UAPremierExec; Feb 23, 2019 at 4:03 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:20 am

Any issues this Sunday morning with TSA precheck lines from those st Seatac?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Xrayman
Any issues this Sunday morning with TSA precheck lines from those st Seatac?
juat downloaded the seatac app and TSA precheck looks clear as do all the checkpoints per the app.

Im interested in seeing if this app is accurate and reliably updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.