TSA Precheck at SEA

Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bzman
I couldn’t believe the lines at SeaTac this am. The standard TSA lines are winding thru the terminal. TSA Precheck line was 22 minutes. I have never, anywhere seen it that long. No ridiculous holdups or inspections either. Just a lot of people.
The "new normal"
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Yeah Clear + PreCheck seems to be the way to go... but also as a MVP Gold+ you could use the premium lane
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It's mid-winter break, so not too much of a surprise
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Read something the other day on Twitter that parking at SEA was also completely full - another indication that crowds are heavy there. Was also surprised to learn that the SEA parking garage is the second largest in the world, and the largest in North America.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Edmonton is still in North America
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
The lots around the WEM aren't a single garage though
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Read something the other day on Twitter that parking at SEA was also completely full - another indication that crowds are heavy there.
Yeah, I had a day trip yesterday. There was space up on the 7th and 8th floors but you had to hunt it down (I parked all the way at the far end - it was quite a hike back to checkpoint 4). Cars were parked all over; on the curbs, in the yellow restricted zones, literally everywhere. Someone had parked on the curb so close to the exit ramp I could barely squeeze back down.

And I can't speak to today, but yesterday around 7:30 am there was little to no line at Precheck. I had to walk through the whole maze but then only ended up behind two people in the actual line.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the heads up. Just landed in SEA and didn't even think about re-clearing security tomorrow evening. Might be exciting
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Mid winter break weeks for local schools all week. No issues last week when I was traveling through SEA TSA but this Monday the longest I recall for the past 5 years where TSA line was a winding path and took 20 minutes through.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
You mustn't fly through SEA in June, July or August. This is quite normal.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
For reference -- https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html

Note that DTW has two parking decks on property. The 11,500 space McNamara terminal deck and the smaller "Big Blue Deck" serving the North terminal. There's also a couple surface lots (the "Green" lots).

https://www.metroairport.com/parking...g-term-parking
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by tusphotog
You mustn't fly through SEA in June, July or August. This is quite normal.
Fly out of Seattle year round. Even during cruise seasons I had not seen the TSA line as long as it was on Monday of this week. It was 5-6 snake turns. I seriously contemplated walking down and go through the first class line but had a work phone conversation that could be done while waiting. No big deal as the line was reliably moving.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, AS 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold Plus
I also considered the Premium line but they had it shut down, at least at the far north (#5?) checkpoint. Ah well...at least I got the upgrade!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
I flew out of SEA both last Saturday and Tuesday and I've never seen it more busy. The lines were insanely long. I am always flying AS so I generally only use checkpoint 4 for Pre. I thought I'd head down to 1 (had to find it because I thought it was beyond checkpoint 2 but you have to walk out beyond the ticketing area for Hawaiian and the international group). There was literally no one in line and 2 agents. If it's busy at 4, I'll definitely try 1 again.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
I generally only use checkpoint 4 for Pre. I thought I'd head down to 1 (had to find it because I thought it was beyond checkpoint 2 but you have to walk out beyond the ticketing area for Hawaiian and the international group). There was literally no one in line and 2 agents. If it's busy at 4, I'll definitely try 1 again.
Great tip. I hope that you and others will keep us updated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.