Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choose Fare class at booking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Choose Fare class at booking?

How can I search for F, P...etc etc fares only on Alaska's site?

until the booking is in my cart , I can't tell what Fare class I am getting.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
No way to specify fare class. Though if you select first class and refundable it will be an F fare. Not checking refundable will default to a P fare (non refundable F) if available.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheotherJames
How can I search for F, P...etc etc fares only on Alaska's site?

until the booking is in my cart , I can't tell what Fare class I am getting.
Outside of the AS site you have a couple of options. If you have ExpertFlyer, you could look up the fares for each class on a specific flight. Alternatively, you can use ITA Matrix, click on "advanced controls" below the destination ("to box.") In the routing codes enter AS+ and in the extension codes enter f bc=(fare class letter here). Example: SEA AS+ f bc=k JFK, will return the fare for k class on AS betwern SEA and New York.

What is the purpose/need know the class before purchasing? Are you looking for Fares with a Class of Service bonus EQM eligibility, immediate upgrades or ones that can be upgraded with a GGU? Those can be ascertained with the upgrade option controls in the full search and in the left column of the search results.

James in Sydney.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Awesome, Thank you!
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Outside of the AS site you have a couple of options. If you have ExpertFlyer, you could look up the fares for each class on a specific flight. Alternatively, you can use ITA Matrix, click on "advanced controls" below the destination ("to box.") In the routing codes enter AS+ and in the extension codes enter f bc=(fare class letter here). Example: SEA AS+ f bc=k JFK, will return the fare for k class on AS betwern SEA and New York.

What is the purpose/need know the class before purchasing? Are you looking for Fares with a Class of Service bonus EQM eligibility, immediate upgrades or ones that can be upgraded with a GGU? Those can be ascertained with the upgrade option controls in the full search and in the left column of the search results.

James in Sydney.
Found this , thanks James

Will try this for to search.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by CDKing
No way to specify fare class. Though if you select first class and refundable it will be an F fare. Not checking refundable will default to a P fare (non refundable F) if available.
I was told that on many markets, P has been replaced with I.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: AS
AS has both P and I for non refundable F fares. F is refundable First class. All three have COS bonus of 75% for EQM’s.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pcoll
AS has both P and I for non refundable F fares. F is refundable First class. All three have COS bonus of 75% for EQM’s.
yup, I had both I and P on my last RT a couple weeks ago.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by HangryDad
yup, I had both I and P on my last RT a couple weeks ago.
What routes? P isn't easily found online, but I is since it seems to be the most common nonrefundable First bucket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.