Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Monthly Leaderboard - 2019 (Only Butt-in-Seat Miles To-Date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly Leaderboard - 2019 (Only Butt-in-Seat Miles To-Date)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Didn't know this thread was a thing.

Sitting at 92,553 for the year. Should easily break 100k this year.
Flying for Fun and StephanP37 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:07 am

28,797 butt in seat on AS so far in 2019 with 2 more transcons to go plus a couple short west coast hops. Will squeak by with MVPG. Hoping to do a couple big MR early in 2020 and go for Gold 75K next year.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Wow! 580K is a lot of flying.

James
LOL yeah typing is not my strong suit it seems. Remove the zero obviously=)
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Originally Posted by tom911
I'm parked at 66K and temporarily grounded due to a torn achilles tendon. Hard to navigate airports, let alone think about touring, with a cast and crutches. Have cancelled three trips into mid-October and will likely cancel another last week of October that would have been my requalifying flight (MCO). Should have a better idea of ability to travel in the weeks ahead.
Sorry Tom I know how rough that injury is hope you recover. You likely already know this, but in case you dont Alaska gives the option for serious injuries and pregnancy to delay your status, you probably wont need to do that since you are so close but if you did theyd roll your 75 status to next year for you to requalify then without losing any options.
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Thanks. Optimistic right now I can squeeze two trips in before year end.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
49k with about 3.5k booked to go. This is an all time high on Alaska (though this year I probably have 30k on other carriers this year.) Too much soccer coaching to fly more this year.... Time to plan 2020.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta SM, 1MM; Alaska Gold 100K
Reached 75,518 BIS solely on AS on September 14th. Have six more AS flights booked, which may or may not be flown.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Sitting at 93,544 miles. If I had to guess, I should be around 125k by the end of the year, which would blow by my previous high by almost double.
StephanP37 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS (MVP Gold), WN (A-List), DL, UA, F9
44,593 miles and 55 segments so far as of the end of September. With just 3 months to go in 2019, won't quite get to 75k, but it's be a great year flying AS so far!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG75K, Hilton Honors Diamond, SWA A-List
Hey everyone, FT newbie here! Actual miles flown without counting MVPG75k bonus or F booking bonus is 94,320. I guess that’s a little off since it rounds up my trips from SMF to SAN to 500 each way. Pretty consistent SMF-SEA and SMF-SAN round trip every week for work. All booked F on AS business card so EQM and actual miles in account are much higher. Should join the million mile club next year. Not sure if that’s impressive or sad given that I’m still in my 30’s.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
BIS on AS metal so far this year is ~95k.

I was thinking about starting another thread but figure this place is fine to ask, is there any reason to fly AS past MVPG75K besides bonus miles?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann

I was thinking about starting another thread but figure this place is fine to ask, is there any reason to fly AS past MVPG75K besides bonus miles?
Excellent upgrade potential, even on award flights. I missed two upgrades this year, one was a SDC to an earlier flight from a upgraded later flight that was cheaper at booking. Now, having said that, using free SDC can be a great benefit by purchasing the cheapest flight and doing a SDC or even a Standby to the flight you really want.

James
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Hartmann

Progress towards your million miler status? Note, that’s only works if flying Alaska metal; not partners
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Excellent upgrade potential, even on award flights. I missed two upgrades this year, one was a SDC to an earlier flight from a upgraded later flight that was cheaper at booking. Now, having said that, using free SDC can be a great benefit by purchasing the cheapest flight and doing a SDC or even a Standby to the flight you really want.

James
Good points. For me, I am mostly flying transcons where there is only a single non-stop a day (and most of them are full in F).
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Welp, cleared 100k today headed home from DAL to SAN. Turning around and flying to MCO tomorrow, so the miles will keep just piling on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.