Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Status Match (Formerly Challenge) - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Status Match (Formerly Challenge) - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024 | 3:53 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
awesome - will try shortly - would be nice to have for my upcoming HEL-LAX flight!

edit: just called and got a very helpful agent - she "checked with the responsible department for tier matches" and they told her there is currently a 44 day queue, and no, there's no way they can expedite it. Rule one of poaching business from competitors: don't sit on an opportunity. This is simply terrible business.
Originally Posted by cfischer
I actually told them to pound sand and that I was no longer interested in a match. Fast forward today I get an Email that I am approved. Such an incredibly incompetent airline. I have no need for that match anymore
I can only imagine how horrendous they must be when it comes to important things. Retrocredit seems like a huge mess and I recently sent them an Email inquiry where I got a reply that I should expect a response in 6 weeks! Are they kidding?
I fly a lot, but this level of gross incompetence I very rarely see. I dodged a bullet I think.
Submitted match form 3-4 weeks ago. I called this morning. Got a rep to send an email to the tier match department, and my status updated this afternoon.
Looks like calling does indeed help.
Old Mar 5, 2024 | 9:17 am
50 Countries Visited3M100 Nights20 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by hur88
Submitted match form 3-4 weeks ago. I called this morning. Got a rep to send an email to the tier match department, and my status updated this afternoon.
Thanks for the datapoint - I'll try one last agent to see if I get a better answer. What's the chance they'll backdate a week so I get elite credit for the four flights I flew last week?
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by hur88
Tried this today, got an agent who knew exactly what "send an email to the tier match department met" and two hours later I see MVP 75K....wow...thanks for the tip!

...do they ever match to 100K? Coming from UA GS I'm a little surprised
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 11:17 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Final year with AC*G
Tried this today, got an agent who knew exactly what "send an email to the tier match department met" and two hours later I see MVP 75K....wow...thanks for the tip!

sadly GS only officially matches to MVP Gold 75K, and that's stated in the chart they provide https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/status-match

if GS wasn't explicitly on there and they could unofficially do it back-of-house, that's a different story, but they don't
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 11:58 am
15 Years on Site

Glad you got it to expedite! Looks like if you don't contact them, it's taking about six weeks at the moment.
Old Mar 7, 2024 | 1:39 pm

Thanks everyone for all the help again....so to keep 75K it says 20,000 miles in 90 days with Alaska...is that on Alaska operated flights only? If so that's quite steep when the longest routes are about 2,500!
Old Mar 8, 2024 | 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks everyone for all the help again....so to keep 75K it says 20,000 miles in 90 days with Alaska...is that on Alaska operated flights only? If so that's quite steep when the longest routes are about 2,500!
From the status match page at Alaskaair.com:

How do I keep my new Mileage Plan status longer?

You may only status match once. To keep your new status, keep earning miles by flying on Alaska during the initial 90 day period corresponding to each level below. Only flights owned and operated by Alaska Airlines count towards your new status.
  • MVP statusfly 5,000 base miles on Alaska
  • MVP Gold statusfly 10,000 base miles on Alaska
  • MVP Gold 75K statusfly 20,000 base miles on Alaska
Also see the beginning of this thread and the discussion within.

If you want an AS status match, they want you to fly AS.
Boraxo, dayone and lensovet like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024 | 7:26 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
The horror!

Never expected reading to turn into a rare art form.
Old Mar 16, 2024 | 11:31 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold
Is it possible to request a starting date for the match/challenge? Or does it start on the date it's approved no matter what?
Old Mar 16, 2024 | 11:41 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Is it possible to request a starting date for the match/challenge? Or does it start on the date it's approved no matter what?
The latter.
anteater likes this.
Old May 17, 2024 | 9:18 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA
time frame for status match

I am planning to have a status match with AS so that I can earn more miles with AS. I understand the status match lasts for 90 days so I want my flights fall within this period. I have a flight on June 18 and then september 8, so ideally I want my status to start before JUne 18 but not before June 10 so that I can benefit the extra earning for September 8 flight. How long does the status match take from the time of application? When should I apply for the match in this case?
Old May 21, 2024 | 10:24 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Final year with AC*G
done a few more matches for friends lately

been a consistent 4 weeks, no more, no less
Old May 29, 2024 | 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, BonVoy Titanium
I have a bunch of AS travel starting July 3, so I want to try and time the start of the challenge to July 1 if possible so status is good through 2025. Should I apply June 3rd?
Old Jun 2, 2024 | 2:38 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist
A bit of an odd question - I recently got approved (~2 days ago) for a status match from Delta Platinum Medallion to MVP Gold 75k, but my business plans have changed and I unfortunately won't be flying Alaska as much as I expected. I emailed customer service and asked if it would be at all possible to "cancel" my current status match so I could potentially do this again in the future. I recognize it's highly unlikely this would be allowed, but was curious if anyone had data points about the possibility of this?

Alternatively, curious if I could get around this by creating a new Alaska Airlines account in the future? I'm assuming that's probably against the rules, but just wondering what people's experiences have been.

Thanks all!
Old Jun 2, 2024 | 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited3M80 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WaterBottle18
A bit of an odd question - I recently got approved (~2 days ago) for a status match from Delta Platinum Medallion to MVP Gold 75k, but my business plans have changed and I unfortunately won't be flying Alaska as much as I expected. I emailed customer service and asked if it would be at all possible to "cancel" my current status match so I could potentially do this again in the future. I recognize it's highly unlikely this would be allowed, but was curious if anyone had data points about the possibility of this?

Alternatively, curious if I could get around this by creating a new Alaska Airlines account in the future? I'm assuming that's probably against the rules, but just wondering what people's experiences have been.

Thanks all!
they cancelled mine after I told them their huge delays in approving these are no longer meeting my needs.
WaterBottle18 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.