Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Employee Flying Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Alaska Employee Flying Privileges

I'm looking at applying at Alaska Air. I know they have free flights for employees on stand by, but can they also fly in other domestic airlines or partners?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
What are the Alaska Airlines employee travel benefits? might help
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The specific terms of AS' employee travel benefits are available only to employees. In other words, if you get hired, you will have access to them.

In general, most US airlines allow some form of industry discount travel on other airlines.

Non-revenue travel (non-rev in short) is a benefit for airline employees. Non-rev tickets can be used by (retired) airline employees, travel industry employees, their family members or close friends. You can purchase these tickets at a fraction of the costs of a standard ticket, but they are only granted if unsold seats are available.

Booking non-rev tickets is often not limited to your own airline. Depending on your airline’s agreements you might be able to book non-rev tickets on many other airlines.

Non-rev, ISA, GP, ZED and IPB are some of the abbreviations used for non-revenue airline travel, also referred to as staff travel. You may come across the term ID90. This stands for Industry Discount. The number indicates the amount of discount on the standard full fare economy rate. ID90 means 90% off.

Non-Rev Codes

There are different kinds of non-rev tickets and priorities.

ID90 is a standby ticket.
ID80 is standby ticket.
ID75 may be confirmed.
ID50 is a confirmed ticket.

You might also see one of these priority codes added:

S Service (employee, travelling to or from work)
R Rebate (employee, travelling for leisure)
N Non-company (not an employee)
B Non-company travelling to or from work, not used by all airlines
The letter is followed by either 1 or 2, where 1 is a confirmed ticket, and 2 is a standby ticket. These combinations can occur regardless of the discount percentage.
These codes determine the priority in case of a full flight. An S1 ticket will have priority over everyone else, including regular paying passengers.
PaperGlider likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.