Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Routing is not possible on CX. QF would work via SYD or direct on AA or FJ. EK is possible but many more points, KE also possible but 125K one-way unless there is another award booked in conjunction. KE also has many blackout dates. However you get back to NA you can take a stopover at the NA gateway if you haven't already taken one elsewhere. If you have a layover of less than 24 hours in a connecting city enroute that doesn't affect your free stopover.

James
So helpful. Thank you.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by tkwpenguin
anyone successfully book SEA to HKG flight?
Called CS today. she said she can't see any direct flight from SEA to HKG
Yes.
The route does not start until 4/1. What day was she checking? Did you check availability first via another partner's website? BA, QF, JL?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:23 pm

deleted

Last edited by tkwpenguin; Jan 12, 2019 at 12:29 pm Reason: no longer needed
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Yes.
The route does not start until 4/1. What day was she checking? Did you check availability first via another partner's website? BA, QF, JL?

I try to book fly for July
used BA site to find space. the agent claim she see nothing.
and I called twice. with 2 different person
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Well documented in the previous thread that BA availability doesn’t mean AS can see it. I can tell you on my last CX J booking (HND-HKG-BKK) it showed on BA and when I fed flight numbers, dates and airports to the phone agent AS booked it fine.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Well documented in the previous thread that BA availability doesn’t mean AS can see it. I can tell you on my last CX J booking (HND-HKG-BKK) it showed on BA and when I fed flight numbers, dates and airports to the phone agent AS booked it fine.
But not as documented that BA showing one F and calling AS and them saying that there are two, correct?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by tkwpenguin
I try to book fly for July
used BA site to find space. the agent claim she see nothing.
and I called twice. with 2 different person
There is some availability in July SEA-HKG. Are you ending in HKG or connecting onward? Could be married segment availability if connecting beyond HKG.

Have you confirmed the AS agent is using this workaround for flights near midnight?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28160974-post748.html
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobikosan
But not as documented that BA showing one F and calling AS and them saying that there are two, correct?
I have no idea. I’m not married and thus I only book one award ticket.
tobikosan and jinglish like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:03 pm

Where in the Middle East and africa besides south Africa can a first class Cathay flight booked with AS miles SFO-HKG be extended. And more importantly where can I look to figure this out? I google Cathay flight map and can;t find it and read another poster saying that just because they fly there doesn;t mean I can do so on the second leg of an award after choosing HKG as my stop over.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Where in the Middle East and africa besides south Africa can a first class Cathay flight booked with AS miles SFO-HKG be extended. And more importantly where can I look to figure this out? I google Cathay flight map and can;t find it and read another poster saying that just because they fly there doesn;t mean I can do so on the second leg of an award after choosing HKG as my stop over.
You can probably book to Dubai.
tobikosan and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lots of info in the Cathay forum. Have you checked it out?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...polo-club-487/
tobikosan and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Lots of info in the Cathay forum. Have you checked it out?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...polo-club-487/
Reading it now and have been since having it pointed out. Thank you all for the help. So I gather that since I already have SFO-HKG booked in F for 70K AS miles that I could make HKG the stopover and continue on to Tel Aviv for the same price. Just as a thought experiment can you tell me a booking from NA where HKG stop is less than 24 hours so you could make a stop over in the next place and connect a whole another leg? Thanks again
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Reading it now and have been since having it pointed out. Thank you all for the help. So I gather that since I already have SFO-HKG booked in F for 70K AS miles that I could make HKG the stopover and continue on to Tel Aviv for the same price. Just as a thought experiment can you tell me a booking from NA where HKG stop is less than 24 hours so you could make a stop over in the next place and connect a whole another leg? Thanks again
Correct, SFO-HKG-TLV will price as 70k

Are you asking if you can fly USA-HKG-XXX-HKG as one award if your stopover in HKG is under 24 hours? Or USA-HKG-XXX-YYY as one award? Either way HKG is the only official location a stopover can occur (see wiki), and if I understand your scenario correctly, it will be two awards.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Stopover in HKG only. No change fee if you are still Gold. Additional taxes as well.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:26 am

I've been searching on BA Avios for J seats for HKG - AKL but for various dates throughout 2019, it only comes up with routes going through SYD on Qantas or combo of CX and Qantas. Does that mean there is no CX availability for HKG - AKL? Or does BA just not bring it up? My full desired route would be YVR - HKG - AKL and there is a fair amount of J available in late 2019 for the YVR - HKG leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.