Wiki Posts
Search

Is this how Alaska treats their MVP75K

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, UA Prem Plat
Is this how Alaska treats their MVP75K

I was assigned a window seat but preferred aisle (as always). On flight day, I saw an aisle seat opened up and re-seated myself there in the app. Then Alaska gate agent upgraded me to first class until boarding time where she claimed glitches and moved me back to my original aisle seat.

I requesred for an aisle seat only to be told that none is available. I found out on board that they were saving an aisle seat with NO middle for a pilot to sit there.we waited for 30 mins for the pilot to board and I asked to be re-seated even though I am MVP 75k and at top of the upgrade list

is this how Alaska treats their loyal customers now?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Hit Alaska Listens in the app under your flight reservation. Submit your concern and enjoy your $25 off coupon
be_rettSEA and allset2travel like this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by aeroflyer88
I was assigned a window seat but preferred aisle (as always). On flight day, I saw an aisle seat opened up and re-seated myself there in the app. Then Alaska gate agent upgraded me to first class until boarding time where she claimed glitches and moved me back to my original aisle seat.

I requesred for an aisle seat only to be told that none is available. I found out on board that they were saving an aisle seat with NO middle for a pilot to sit there.we waited for 30 mins for the pilot to board and I asked to be re-seated even though I am MVP 75k and at top of the upgrade list

short answer, yup. Happened to us. Received $50 customer service gesture.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
On my last flight I got bumped up to Premium from Economy, then bumped back to Economy to make room for a disabled person and was offered $100 voucher before I even reached my new seat (which was my original seat before the upgrade).
I don't know what ya'll are doing to the FAs to make them hate ya so much
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Hit Alaska Listens in the app under your flight reservation. Submit your concern and enjoy your $25 off coupon
thanks for the advice. Will give that a try and see if they listen.

I think it is not customer friendly when they reserve a two seater for theor staff.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nearlysober
On my last flight I got bumped up to Premium from Economy, then bumped back to Economy to make room for a disabled person and was offered $100 voucher before I even reached my new seat (which was my original seat before the upgrade).
I don't know what ya'll are doing to the FAs to make them hate ya so much
i don’t know why the FAs behave this way. I don’t think they even care if you are a frequent flyer.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I think it is not customer friendly when they reserve a two seater for theor staff.
Contract reasons and deadheading pilot (meaning AS is paying the pilot to travel & will be working from the destination) would be my guess. I’ve seen lots of AS staff either non-revving or commuting, and never seen a seat blocked for them. A number of last available unappealing seats or jump seats though.
brettsir likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Original seat as in the seat you had before you selected the isle seat in the app? May I ask what route you were flying? If the agent was a pm-VX agent, I think you may have your answer?

James
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel

Contract reasons and deadheading pilot (meaning AS is paying the pilot to travel & will be working from the destination) would be my guess. I’ve seen lots of AS staff either non-revving or commuting, and never seen a seat blocked for them. A number of last available unappealing seats or jump seats though.
exactly. I have seen various airline needing to transfer their pilots to destination but always in a normal seat. Never with a blocked seat like this before in all my years of flying.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Original seat as in the seat you had before you selected the isle seat in the app? May I ask what route you were flying? If the agent was a pm-VX agent, I think you may have your answer?

James
yes - they put me back to the window seat. I hated window and always preferred aisle. The gate agent told me there was no aisle seat available but after I boarded the plane, I found that there was the one they reserved for the pilot (with an empty middle) and an aisle in the last row.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

yes - they put me back to the window seat. I hated window and always preferred aisle. The gate agent told me there was no aisle seat available but after I boarded the plane, I found that there was the one they reserved for the pilot (with an empty middle) and an aisle in the last row.
also come to think of it, this is a Virgin America (VX) flight. The inflight wifi shows their brand.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

James
That is ridiculous. VX flight attendants are among the best I've ever had. Please stop with the trolling.

Edit: Also, what, exactly did the FA do wrong here? FAs do not assign seats, GAs do.
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by nearlysober
On my last flight I got bumped up to Premium from Economy, then bumped back to Economy to make room for a disabled person and was offered $100 voucher before I even reached my new seat (which was my original seat before the upgrade)
If it's 6C that's a known "we reserve the right to bump you to seat a disabled person" seat. I believe there may be others in Premium.

i don’t know why the FAs behave this way. I don’t think they even care if you are a frequent flyer.

You seriously would not accommodate a disabled person because someone has a shiny card?

Meanwhile, over at AA:

When even Executive Platinum status isn’t worth all that much anymore... I think it underscores how much has changed about the idea of airline loyalty in the United States over the past four years.
jinglish likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That is ridiculous. VX flight attendants are among the best I've ever had. Please stop with the trolling.

Edit: Also, what, exactly did the FA do wrong here? FAs do not assign seats, GAs do.
Exactly where did I say FA?

For the record the pmVX inflight crew during my recent two flights was deplorable, disrespectful and failed in safety protocol. When they purposely fail to wear a name tag I don't expect they have any desire to provide good service. Happy it meets your high standards.

James

Last edited by dayone; Dec 20, 2018 at 9:13 pm Reason: Redact personal attacks.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exactly where did I say FA?

For the record the pmVX inflight crew during my recent two flights was deplorable, disrespectful and failed in safety protocol. When they purposely fail to wear a name tag I don't expect they have any desire to provide good service. Happy it meets your high standards.

James
No need to get so snarky. Another post mentioned FA and the poster probably got the posts mixed up. Let's keep it civil.
pcoll, jinglish and jjmadison like this.

Last edited by dayone; Dec 20, 2018 at 9:14 pm Reason: Remove redacted portion of quote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.