Search

Christmas Card from Brad Tilden

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Christmas Card from Brad Tilden

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
free wifi for 2 flights! congratulations!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
free wifi for 2 flights! congratulations!
wow...2 whole flights? Makes the Million Miles worth it!
thegingninj and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by pcoll

wow...2 whole flights? Makes the Million Miles worth it!
There are other benefits at that achievement. Even though I would have presumed a million miler would already have wifi subscription, its a nice gesture nonetheless.

Is it transferable? JUST KIDDING!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:26 pm

I guess the card and reward sort of speaks for itself. So, congratulations … I guess.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
I guess the card and reward sort of speaks for itself. So, congratulations I guess.
As my Dad used to say 'It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick".
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:03 am

Or, fly JetBlue and enjoy free WiFi on every flight...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Or, fly JetBlue and enjoy free WiFi on every flight...
Using their extensive network from ANC.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I'll be looking for mine today!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'll be looking for TH's as well. Next. year they can save on postage and send both of ours to the same address. ; )
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by BOB W
As my Dad used to say 'It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick".
I mean, I guess the extra recognition is nice... the value of 2 free wifi's is kinda... meh.
If I was a MM flier, I think I'd feel more rewarded with a short hand-written note just saying thanks and wishing me happy holidays - although I'm not sure how many MM fliers there are, that might not be very feasible

You'd think any gift should be appreciated... but you can definitely screw up gift giving and offend people. I'm reminded of a buddy of mine, who on his 5 year anniversary with a company was given a $5 Starbucks card. This wasn't some entry level job, he's a seasoned professional. Could you imagine, after 5 years they walk up and say "Hey, congrats, here's 1 coffee on us!" He was pissed! He'd rather they just not have acknowledged his anniversary at all.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
I guess the card and reward sort of speaks for itself. So, congratulations I guess.
It also means that now all of his friends will know they're in rare company when with the OP.

May you use your free wifi in good health, and may your inflight utensils never bend unless you want them to.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Originally Posted by nearlysober
I mean, I guess the extra recognition is nice... the value of 2 free wifi's is kinda... meh.
If I was a MM flier, I think I'd feel more rewarded with a short hand-written note just saying thanks and wishing me happy holidays - although I'm not sure how many MM fliers there are, that might not be very feasible

You'd think any gift should be appreciated... but you can definitely screw up gift giving and offend people. I'm reminded of a buddy of mine, who on his 5 year anniversary with a company was given a $5 Starbucks card. This wasn't some entry level job, he's a seasoned professional. Could you imagine, after 5 years they walk up and say "Hey, congrats, here's 1 coffee on us!" He was pissed! He'd rather they just not have acknowledged his anniversary at all.
I'd argue that a $5 starbucks card is worth $5 more than 20 wifi passes. At least you can depend on a Starbucks card.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Do the free passes work on the ViaSat birds as well?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Got mine today.
UAPremierExec likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.