FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Elite Recognition and Free Chocolate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1942893-elite-recognition-free-chocolate.html)

ragtop Sep 30, 2019 12:09 pm

E175 no chocolate

Flew on a E175 yesterday SFO-SEA. There were no chocolates passed out to MM or G75 fliers. It’s become a bit inconsistent hasn’t it?

channa Sep 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer (Post 31576661)
That's a nice touch but it's no wonder MVP Gold's have no idea what the chocolate policy is. FA's just doing what they want... Gotta love it. :rolleyes:

It's not uncommon for VX crews to hand out chocolates to Golds in F, even though that's outside of policy. I don't complain about it. :D

missydarlin Sep 30, 2019 12:46 pm

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (the seatback menu card?) that the chocolate is available upon request.

Bellerina Sep 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 31579563)
It's not uncommon for VX crews to hand out chocolates to Golds in F, even though that's outside of policy. I don't complain about it. :D

Wait, what is the policy? Is ANY Gold in F not supposed to receive one? I have definitely received chocolate a couple of times in F, but that might have been only for PAID F fares. Are you saying the policy means I should not have received one (which means reduces the "benefit" for a MVPG (or 75K) if they are paying more for their flight)? Or just that MVPGs who have been upgraded to F should not receive a chocolate according to the policy?

This sounds complicated. No wonder the chocolate giving is inconsistent. Either way, I want the chocolate...

dayone Sep 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin (Post 31579616)
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (the seatback menu card?) that the chocolate is available upon request.

On the rare occasions that I wanted a chocolate bar and wasn't offered one, I asked and always received one (and a few times, two).

Visconti Sep 30, 2019 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bellerina (Post 31579787)
This sounds complicated. No wonder the chocolate giving is inconsistent. Either way, I want the chocolate...

It certainly does. The more I read, the more I realize how little I understand this portion of the program. Likewise, I care more about the chocolate than the drinks & food, but not enough, at times, to have to ask or plead for it. Maybe their FAs find the policy as perplexing as we do?

Robt760 Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Chocolate For Gold Alive and Well

On a West Coast flight last week in F, I asked for a Chocolate Bar for Gold. The FA went to the back and returned with a zip lock bag of Chocolate, offered me one, then proceeded to offer all F Passengers a bar of Chocolate, regardless of status 😯

These were the “Yellow” bars previously referred to, which are Milk Chocolate with Toasted Quinoa Sesame.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...24459f877.jpeg

twitch76 Sep 30, 2019 8:35 pm

We have (once), as MVP, been able to barter our complementary alcohol (we don’t drink) for an MVPG chocolate. I haven’t tried other times, but it worked that time!

beckoa Sep 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by twitch76 (Post 31581099)
We have (once), as MVP, been able to barter our complementary alcohol (we don’t drink) for an MVPG chocolate. I haven’t tried other times, but it worked that time!

:confused: was this in Premium Economy?

As MVP's don't receive a "First One's on Us" adult beverage

twitch76 Sep 30, 2019 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 31581285)
:confused: was this in Premium Economy?

As MVP's don't receive a "First One's on Us" adult beverage

Sorry... yes. I should have clarified. We were in premium.

Sandonkey Oct 1, 2019 1:03 pm

These quinoa sesame chocolates are hot garbage. Any idea how often they switch the flavor? (The previous one was great.)

Bellerina Oct 1, 2019 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sandonkey (Post 31583509)
These quinoa sesame chocolates are hot garbage. Any idea how often they switch the flavor? (The previous one was great.)

Lol, this shows people have different tastes. I thought the previous flavor was hot garbage so I wasn't eating my quinoa ones. Then two weeks ago I finally gave it a try (when I was travelling without having had lunch) and REALLY liked it. I'll take anyone's extra quinoa bars!

Sandonkey Oct 1, 2019 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bellerina (Post 31583644)
Lol, this shows people have different tastes. I thought the previous flavor was hot garbage so I wasn't eating my quinoa ones. Then two weeks ago I finally gave it a try (when I was travelling without having had lunch) and REALLY liked it. I'll take anyone's extra quinoa bars!

Will ask the FA to pass mine along to you.

vanillabean Apr 14, 2024 4:57 pm

The last couple of months I've been handing over my Cappuccino chocolates to my wife, but there appears to be another kind offered now.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e8d22ec3dd.jpg