FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Elite Recognition and Free Chocolate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1942893-elite-recognition-free-chocolate.html)

manymanymiles Jul 29, 2019 7:56 am

Are the chocolate bars still being handed out? I flex 2 flights yesterday and nothing :(

channa Jul 29, 2019 8:42 am

Originally Posted by manymanymiles (Post 31354293)
Are the chocolate bars still being handed out? I flex 2 flights yesterday and nothing :(

Yes, I just ask for them now, especially with the SFO/legacy VX crews, since delivery is so inconsistent.

I got a yellow labeled one yesterday (milk chocolate and quinoa). Very hipster, but good. I had to argue for the free video player for 75K benefit, too (she wanted to charge me), and then once she asked and figured that part out, she wanted me to prove I'm 75K. I directed her to her computer to tell her what to do. :rolleyes:

Figured there's no way I'm getting the chocolate without requesting, too, so at second round service, I just asked for it and got it.

KevPNW Jul 29, 2019 9:07 am

Just flew ANC-SEA, sat in the exit row and received both a liquor drink and chocolate.

AS Flyer Jul 29, 2019 11:35 am

Originally Posted by channa (Post 31354488)
Yes, I just ask for them now, especially with the SFO/legacy VX crews, since delivery is so inconsistent.

I got a yellow labeled one yesterday (milk chocolate and quinoa). Very hipster, but good. I had to argue for the free video player for 75K benefit, too (she wanted to charge me), and then once she asked and figured that part out, she wanted me to prove I'm 75K. I directed her to her computer to tell her what to do. :rolleyes:

Figured there's no way I'm getting the chocolate without requesting, too, so at second round service, I just asked for it and got it.

You know what kills me, she was probably talking about how "entitled" you were to her co-workers when, in fact, she has no idea at all what she's doing - or supposed to be doing. So irritating, and embarrassing. Sorry for that experience.

channa Jul 29, 2019 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer (Post 31355283)
You know what kills me, she was probably talking about how "entitled" you were to her co-workers when, in fact, she has no idea at all what she's doing - or supposed to be doing. So irritating, and embarrassing. Sorry for that experience.

Thanks, tell me about it. It's supposed to be recognition, not an assertion of an entitlement. I don't very often pull a DYKWIA, especially with AS, AS staff are usually friendly, and we get to a reasonable outcome without having to play that way. But honestly, in this sort of situation, I didn't care. I will train these VX crews personally, one FA at a time, if I have to. :D

AS Flyer Jul 29, 2019 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 31355962)
I will train these VX crews personally, one FA at a time, if I have to. :D

From your mouth to Gods (or Allah's or Buddha's...) ears. :D Thank you...

safari ari Sep 27, 2019 2:09 pm

First time in awhile not sitting in F or PC. Asked for a drink, FA goes to handheld to charge, sees I’m gold and then hands me a chocolate and thanks me for being gold. Guess we can call that the economy trifecta.

dmodemd Sep 27, 2019 2:38 pm

One one of my recent flights they were out of chocolates before they even got to the exit row. I don't know how many golds but there were about 60 people on the upgrade list. SJC-SEA 737-900ER. I thought SEA-DFW was elite-heavy, but am now doing SEA-SJC which is just as bad.

Visconti Sep 28, 2019 1:48 am

During my last flight, I had forgotten about the free drink, didn't get a chocolate and wasn't aware that 75Ks get the free player. I was sitting on one of the X seats, and wasn't sure if "X" fares receive in flight elite benefits.

RAD_PDX Sep 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Chocolates were handed out on the ground on PDX-OAK along with a thank you for being an MVP(X) prior to pushback.

eddiehuang97 Sep 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 31571119)
One one of my recent flights they were out of chocolates before they even got to the exit row. I don't know how many golds but there were about 60 people on the upgrade list. SJC-SEA 737-900ER. I thought SEA-DFW was elite-heavy, but am now doing SEA-SJC which is just as bad.

This might be a good thing for AS. More people in Bay Area flying AS and staying loyal to AS

channa Sep 28, 2019 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by eddiehuang97 (Post 31574618)
This might be a good thing for AS. More people in Bay Area flying AS and staying loyal to AS

SFO/SJC-SEA can be ridiculously elite heavy at peak times. I was some 20 or so down on the upgrade list SFO-SEA last Friday as a 75K. :eek: I think it was a 4pm departure, so that would be kind of peak time.

I did get my chocolate, though, in Exit Row. The AS FA remembered about two rows after she served drinks to my row, and she came back with it and apologized for forgetting (!). Didn't think the apology was necessary so long as I got it sometime during the flight, but it was nice to see she took it seriously.

ft543 Sep 29, 2019 3:59 pm

Flew a very empty SFO-SEA last week where most (if not all) the elites were up front. Chocolates were handed out to everyone in F.

AS Flyer Sep 29, 2019 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ft543 (Post 31576653)
Flew a very empty SFO-SEA last week where most (if not all) the elites were up front. Chocolates were handed out to everyone in F.

That's a nice touch but it's no wonder MVP Gold's have no idea what the chocolate policy is. FA's just doing what they want... Gotta love it. :rolleyes:

sjbsf Sep 30, 2019 9:35 am

I was seated in premium class (row 9) SFO to PVR. No thank you, no recognition for being gold during drink service, which didn't really surprise me. Later in the flight I asked for my chocolate. Someone returned and I was grudgingly handed the chocolate (yellow). Still no thank you or recognition, and at that point, I was surprised.