Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Posting Very Quickly

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
That would be great if the process did indeed speed up across the board. Mine always seem to post around the 48 hour mark after a flight. In my experience, DL and UA miles post around 24 hours after my flight, so AS has lagged a bit.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the last month or so I have had flights post while I was in the air on that flight and others take over a week to post and about everything in between. So no consistency in posting times. All AS metal flights on AS tickets stock.
czpdx likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
For me its been pretty consistently sometime in the evening three days after flying.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I am SEA-based, and my flights are always posted several days after. For example, I flew Wednesday this week, and it has not been posted. I expect it to be posted Sunday night or Monday morning.

Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:46 pm

Flew PAE-PDX and back the same day, Saturday 4/27. Miles for both legs posted prior to landing that evening. Cool.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dawgshouse
Flew PAE-PDX and back the same day, Saturday 4/27. Miles for both legs posted prior to landing that evening. Cool.
That's awesome. It seems to be SOP on UA (if they don't play by the time I land, they usually post by the time I get out of the airport) but I've never had AS miles post in less than a couple of days.

Honestly once you have boarded and the flight has taken off there is no reason that they can't post them.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:52 pm

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
I flew again yesterday (SEA-BIL) and the miles posted before the plane landed. I'm 3 for 3 so far......
BW Flyer and VegasGambler like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up Flight Credit Posting Time

Call me crazy, but I literally landed an hour ago and the flight credit has already posted to my account. Did I miss an announcement about some magical software upgrade over the past weekend? Either way, two thumbs up!
Old May 6, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
There's been a few other reports in other threads of similar experiences. Not sure if its happening consistently for all routes, all customers, etc.
If AS made some upgrade to the system, you'd think they'd at least make a blog post about it. It's not some life changing thing - but still a nice quality improvement.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:43 pm

Bro you wouldn't believe me if i told u how janky the legacy code is around mileage posting. Like straight up old men with grey hair wrote that code (seriously!). There's a whole separate manual processor for all the times it breaks. Like manual as in an actual human woman We call her celery bc her sole task is to do what a basic celery task queue should do. Funny part is no one wants to touch it because like the old man bosses are worried elites would FTFO if miles got lost in a system upgrade.
TProphet, be_rettSEA and williwaw like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Still nothing for me on 2 AS operated flights from late last week...

Maybe after Monday (tonight)'s sweeps? I had couple AA flights posting overnight on Mondays (posting date within days of actual flight arrival time).
Old May 6, 2019, 5:40 pm

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nearlysober
There's been a few other reports in other threads of similar experiences. Not sure if its happening consistently for all routes, all customers, etc.
If AS made some upgrade to the system, you'd think they'd at least make a blog post about it. It's not some life changing thing - but still a nice quality improvement.
It's not consistent at all. Over the past couple of weeks, I had 4 flights in a row post within an hour of each one landing. I thought I was on a good roll, but then my flights from Friday and yesterday (Sunday) haven't posted.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Red L
It's not consistent at all. Over the past couple of weeks, I had 4 flights in a row post within an hour of each one landing. I thought I was on a good roll, but then my flights from Friday and yesterday (Sunday) haven't posted.
same thing here
Old May 7, 2019, 9:49 am

LAX-EWR last Thursday. Mileage had already posted when I checked right after landing.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Still nothing for me on 2 AS operated flights from late last week...

Maybe after Monday (tonight)'s sweeps? I had couple AA flights posting overnight on Mondays (posting date within days of actual flight arrival time).
As projected, Monday sweep it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.