Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Posting Very Quickly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:36 am

For months I had really quick mileage postings. However my most recent flight took several days. I’m hoping my flight next week posts quickly as it will get me to 75k for the first time!
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Flying Blue Silver, UA Mileage Plus
KA/CX joint booking on CX stock crediting to AS

I just flew KTM to HKG (KA 103) connecting on to HKG-JFK on CX830 on an I-class paid ticket (CX Stock). I understand that the Cathay Dragon segment will not credit to Mileage Plan but when can I expect the HKG-JFK segment on CX to credit. Mileage Plan number was added at the time of reservation. Thanks!

Edit: Posted within 7 calendar days from date of travel!

Last edited by arjunv93; Dec 11, 2019 at 7:51 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
My SEA-ANC flight that landed just over 7 hours ago has already posted. Nice!

Now to see how long it takes to get my MVP Gold info... Tracker already shows how many miles I need for MVPG75k but everything else in my account still shows plain old MVP status.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Have never had miles post so fast

People are always complaining that it sometimes takes a long time for miles to post, I've got a new one....how about within 5 hours of completing the flights??

We landed at 7:30 pm last night and around midnight I was checking to see if my OUTBOUND flights from 2 days ago had posted...well imagine my surprise that our flights from this evening were also there!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Mileage Posting Very Quickly

I've seen it post within an hour of the flight landing.
LAX-SEA & SEA-YVR last month had posted when I checked while taxing to the gate.

James
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:40 am

On my SFO - JFK routes, 90% of them post about 2 minutes on touchdown.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
I noticed that there are two threads about this and I’m baffled because my miles never post quickly. Typical flight pattern for me is outbound on Monday or Tuesday and return on Thursday or Friday and my miles usually do not register until Sunday evening.

I’m not upset - they always post but never the same day much less in minutes.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by sea_jeff
I’m not upset - they always post but never the same day much less in minutes.
Oh wow, I had just assumed it was some sort of universal IT upgrade thing. I think on SFO - LAS & vice versa, they seem to post within the time it takes to go from airplane mode to cell.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
Oh wow, I had just assumed it was some sort of universal IT upgrade thing. I think on SFO - LAS & vice versa, they seem to post within the time it takes to go from airplane mode to cell.
Lol... I think it’s just me because I’m always whining about my spectacular lack of success getting upgrades to F. My account must be flagged.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
AS must now have the fastest miles update in the airline industry
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:14 pm

I just touched down in SEA from YLW. Miles posted just as we cleared the runway. Nice to see them post quickly on the international flights too.

EDIT: SEA-PDX also posted before we arrived at the gate. Flying PDX-OGG-PDX tomorrow so hopefully those post quickly too. Partner will pass 50K AS+Partner Monday when we arrive in PHX.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Dec 14, 2019 at 11:50 pm
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Crossed over to 75k Thursday morning. Miles posted and app updated status about 3-4 hours after flight landed.

My existing reservations started upgrading to 75k status late Friday, but too late to change my waitlist position for a Saturday am outbound. Received welcome email this morning from Alaska though all benefits were posted to my account as soon as miles posted on Thursday.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Passed 40K Saturday night around 11pm and miles posted immediately, but the status still shows MVP till at least midnight.

When I woke up around 4am, the status updated to MVPG, but I cannot have the SDC fee waived online for a flight departing around 6:30am, nor can the reservation phone agent do so by removing the AS # or re-checkin. She finally agreed to waive the fee manually.

Boarding pass for flight today only shows MVP and I still rank the last on upgrade waitlist.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:02 pm

Flights PDX-OGG-PDX-PHX all posted before the gate. Once I got the notification that the flight had arrived, our flights had already been posted.

James
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:07 am

I don’t understand all this instant miles posting stuff.
Landed 36+hours ago. No activity.

And I bet it won’t show up until Sunday like always.

Updated - miles finally posted at 48ish hours after landing

Last edited by sea_jeff; Dec 18, 2019 at 10:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.