Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by nearlysober
The picture on the Alaska Lounge website under the headline "renovations" certainly is the LAX lounge based on the layout & the pillars - but it's hard to imagine them getting all that done in 2 days. Then again - with professionals working around the clock maybe they can.
Good catch. I agree with your observation regarding LAX.

In LAX, the back conference room, children room, and phone rooms are already being worked by walling those areas off. The finishes in the main area should not take too long to demo and replace.

The common dining bar height tables look less of a lounge and more similar to a fast food. I am not a fan of the common tables and especially barstools with baggage on the floor or table. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AS
Looks like they don’t want people to get too comfortable. If depiction is true to design esthetic , then more hard plastic surfaces and no more comfy leather arm chairs. Lounges will start looking like cafeteria’s.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Good catch. I agree with your observation regarding LAX.

In LAX, the back conference room, children room, and phone rooms are already being worked by walling those areas off. The finishes in the main area should not take too long to demo and replace.

The common dining bar height tables look less of a lounge and more similar to a fast food. I am not a fan of the common tables and especially barstools with baggage on the floor or table. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
They've also taken out the back wall where the row of computers used to be, and I assume they'll plan to reduce the number of those available as folks generally are bringing their own devices. Hopefully that means there will be more space for comfy seating back in that area, with those high tables for folks who want a quick bite to eat, or a surface to set up a laptop and work from.

It seems they've also "refreshed" the bar menu a bit, adding more wines into the premium/paid category, with just a simple white, red, and sparkling available for free. Seems like they're looking to nickel and dime as much as they can from folks accessing the lounge. Not sure who they're thinking will be willing to pay more for memberships to be getting less, but that's where AS seems to be heading generally, so not all that surprising.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by pcoll
Looks like they don’t want people to get too comfortable. If depiction is true to design esthetic , then more hard plastic surfaces and no more comfy leather arm chairs. Lounges will start looking like cafeteria’s.
I agree those chairs don't look super comfy at the tables... but the table seating at LAX is already hard & uncomfortable

I think the style they are going for based on the newer lounges like C, is hard seats (metal/wood/plastic) in the "dining" area and softer seats in the rest of the lounge. Maybe they're trying to encourage people not to camp out too long in the dining area? Or maybe they're just easier to wipe down for crumbs & spills?
Aidan likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:42 pm

They sound like good changes. You want the eating area to turn over quickly and easy to clean..

The concept image looks far better than the current dated setup.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:59 pm

Anyone seen the LAX refresh yet ?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I think it's still closed today? Maybe someone will grab some pictures tomorrow.
Aidan likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:25 pm

That’s right I’m going by Australian time so I’m a day ahead..
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS
We will be there next Thursday. Hopefully it will be completed. Will update with pics if completed.
Aidan likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
We will be there next Thursday. Hopefully it will be completed. Will update with pics if completed.
Thanks for the @pcoll. Would like to see user pics rather than the glam shots that will be taken.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by Aidan
I was there on April 1 and 2. The staff there were unaware of website's then warning of LAX being closed on 4/2-3 for renovations and later told me the site was wrong.

On both days it was very much still in transition. The old woodsy look was there, but the business section was haphazardly ripped out with armchair seating placed within. On 4/2 there was still a work wall where the kids area and magazine rack used to be.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:33 pm

Sounds like a mess right now.
At least the place can be used, even though it’s transitioning.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Aidan
I was there around 7 PM on April 3 and the lounge was "closed early for remodeling".
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
ANC AL coming along

I was there at 5 AM on March 27. here is a photo of the new Barista area. The Concierge told me "We hope to have the remodel finished by the end of April". The building permit said the remodel was scheduled to be done by the end of March. AS construction is obviously sticking to their time honored, very slow and late schedule. I asked if the furniture that was in the closet was for real, and she said "No. but there will be AS Teal in the new furniture". Nothing else had changed and the conference room was being used for staging the remodel.

Hopefully one of the moderators can resize the photo.
Aidan likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:11 pm

Good start, the old one looked so dated.

Hope this is done when I visit in July .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.