Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Q400 seat assignments removed on 3 future trips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q400 seat assignments removed on 3 future trips

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Has anyone checked in yet for a flight with vanished seat assignments? What happened?
I've got one next Thursday.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just booked a new RT flight tonight that's on Horizon E75s in both directions and am having similar problems. It didn't let me select a seat ("seat map not available") initially for the outbound, but did for the return. Then it let me select one for the outbound after purchase and they both disappeared when I checked again. The confirmation email *did* have my seats as selected (and didn't apparently take any of the changes when I kept trying to fix it before checking here). The "premium class upgrade requested" line also disappeared. When I called a little while later and described the problem, the agent immediately asked if they were Horizon flights (by flight number) and then said it's a known issue they're working on. He verified that my assigned seats are what's in the email (read them off without changing them, and I didn't tell him first) and also verified that his system shows that I'm still waitlisted for PC.

We'll see what happens in a few weeks when I fly...
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rustykettel

I've got one next Thursday.
ok, I actually have one myself today... and when I checked in yesterday, my preselected seat was back.

i also texted reservations last night for a future flight, and they confirmed that it was a known problem and that my selected seats were still in the system.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Thanks for the intel, all. Mrs. BearX220 and I have an itin in about ten days with one Q400 segment out of four; the Q seat assignments have disappeared and I can't conjure a seatmap or anything. Error message says to select seats at the airport.

There was a time when I expected better from Alaska...
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by BearX220
Thanks for the intel, all. Mrs. BearX220 and I have an itin in about ten days with one Q400 segment out of four; the Q seat assignments have disappeared and I can't conjure a seatmap or anything. Error message says to select seats at the airport.

There was a time when I expected better from Alaska...
I am surprised they haven't fixed it yet. How often do they promote code into their production system? This issue must cause them a small fortune in customer service calls from FTers alone
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Same issue for flights in November on an E75. I thought Alaska IT might finally be done messing stuff up.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Same here. Had the same experience that Rustykettle mentioned. Me and my wife have separate confirm numbers on flights from EUG to PDX to SJC and return next week. Called in and the agent confirmed what others have said above:

- Seats are still there and assigned.
- Known issue and IT is working on it.

I am curious on others who have this and if the seats do magically reappear near the check-in window like Finkface indicated. I am afraid to look at other future reservations I have until we know this is fixed.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Klrduks
I am curious on others who have this and if the seats do magically reappear near the check-in window like Finkface indicated. I am afraid to look at other future reservations I have until we know this is fixed.
Upon checkin the seat I had selected originally was on my boarding pass.

I'll have another opportunity to test this later this week, but for that reservation the SMS-based reservations agent confirmed that my selected seats are still assigned to us.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:52 pm

This started happening to me 3 weeks ago on my E175 flights, and I called Alaska at that time. I was told they think this is only happening to MVPs and above, but they were aware as of 3 weeks ago, so this isn't new. I was hoping it would be fixed by now, but I suppose that's AS IT for you.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Buster
I was told they think this is only happening to MVPs and above
It's not just MVP and above. My wife has this issue and she has no status with Alaska.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by missamo80
It's not just MVP and above. My wife has this issue and she has no status with Alaska.
As does my husband, who also has no status. So it isn’t only MVP and above.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Finkface
As does my husband, who also has no status. So it isn’t only MVP and above.
As does my wife. It's good to hear the seat assignments re-appear at OLCI, though.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
UPDATE: Well, it looks like they are slowly getting these fixed. My reservation for next week has updated and the seats are back. However, my wife's seats, who is on a separate reservation but same itinerary, have not yet come back.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
It does seem to be sort of fixed. But now can't change seats for some Alaska operated flights due to it being a "saver fare." Argh, come on Alaska... They haven't even started offering them yet and I'm seeing the "benefits."
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Klrduks
UPDATE: Well, it looks like they are slowly getting these fixed. My reservation for next week has updated and the seats are back. However, my wife's seats, who is on a separate reservation but same itinerary, have not yet come back.
I just checked mine on the app and the seats are assigned as in my ticket email. Fortunately none of the changes while I was trying to sort it out ended up going through. It still shows me only as waitlisted for F, and not for PC.

ETA: I just checked on the website and it does show me waitlisted for both PC and F.

Last edited by chrisl137; Oct 9, 2018 at 2:45 pm Reason: more information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.