Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Q400 seat assignments removed on 3 future trips

Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

I just checked my future trips between now and EOY. All three of them start and end with a Q400 Horizon segment. I had selected seats for all segments. All Q400 seat assignments have vanished, and the seats I had appear as taken. Non-Q400 AS segments have retained their seat assignment.

When I try to select new available seats, upon saving I get this error:

‘We were unable to accommodate your seat request. You may check seat availability using the "Change seats" link below.’

I’ll obviously call AS in the morning but is anyone seeing the same problems?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
This exact same thing happened to me. It shows me with no seat online and on the app and also wont let me select a seat. When I called AS they say I am still in my originally assigned seat. Ive called twice to verify this. Im expecting to get to the airport and end up with whatever is left. This is only happening on some of my Q400 flights.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
I had this happen on an E75 flight for next February. The AS Twitter rep confirmed the assignments were still in the system and they showed back up in the app and online a few days later.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Yep, same here. All my Q400 seats selections have disappeared and it wont let me choose any seats. I get The requested seats are no longer available no matter which vacant seat I try to select.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Ditto, me as well. I noticed this about two days ago; kind of surprised they havent fixed it by now.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:02 am

Similar problem here. Had the phone rep move me to other seats and let that process in the system and then I had them move me back to my original seats. Worked fine and the assignment showed back up in the app.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thanks, everyone. So now I wonder if i actually changed my seat assignments to less desirable seats by trying to select available seats. Sigh. Will call.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Same situation here, noticed last night (Friday). Our seats on an E75 from SEA to PSP in November completely disappeared from the AS website and the mobile app. Both app and site showed our seats as unassigned. I was unable to re-select seats on the app or website; it kept generating an error. I called in, and the CSR told me her system showed we still had the seats. She was mystified as to why they weren't displaying in the app or website. She also told me she'd never heard of that happening before.

We tried a workaround. She moved us to new seats. But though she could see us in those news seats in her system, and I could see those seats now blocked on the seat map and the earlier now available on the seat map, in the reservation on the app and website it still showed our seats as unassigned. So the workaround to force the seats to display in the mobile app and website by moving us didn't work.

A day later, we still show seats as unassigned, but the seats the CSR assigned us are still blocked. Hoping the app and website catch up at some point (unless this signals a forthcoming equipment change; this flight has changed from a 737 to an E75 already).
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
EF shows my original seats as vacant for one of my flights and the rep says he shows nothing assigned. For another, he says we are in seats, but not the seats we originally selected. EF shows our originals as assigned. He is great - says he has been pulling his hair out over this glitch for the past few days.

It isn’t a big deal for a short flight but it would be good to have something assigned. He has been working on it for a good 20 mins now.

Edit: great rep. He was determined to get to the bottom of this and said I was the first patient caller he’d had to let him work on it. He spoke to CRC, who actually controls their seating and she still sees us in our original seats on all flights. She said the web and app are completely screwed up at the moment, which in turn screws up EF. They are working on it. But the message from them is to just leave it alone for now until they can get everything back in sync and trust that CRC is not messed up and seat assignments are intact despite what we are seeing on the web and in the app. She said the only time CRC is not the definitive source is within 24 hours when it goes to airport control. So the advice is, don’t mess around (or even get AS to mess around) with moving you and moving you back. Just trust that it is all good while they work on getting this sorted out.

Last edited by Finkface; Sep 29, 2018 at 10:20 am
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Thank you Finkface for spending time on this! I noticed this on a trip a couple days ago, along with a non apparent trip changed pop up in the app. Phone agent at the time couldn't figure out what was changed but did show my seats correctly.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Thank you Finkface for spending time on this! I noticed this on a trip a couple days ago, along with a non apparent trip changed pop up in the app. Phone agent at the time couldn't figure out what was changed but did show my seats correctly.
Great intelligence from Finkface. Now we'll just have to see what happens to the seats of those where the CSRs tried and appeared successful in moving them to work around the app and website issue, once the situation re-syncs and resolves itself.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
This still seems to be an issue with Horizon, not just on the Q400 but on the E175s as well. I've got a flight coming up that I know I'll be wanting to change seats for plus I'm worried about upgrades to Y+ and F happening. Any recent news from anyone who as spoken with AS?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
This still seems to be an issue with Horizon, not just on the Q400 but on the E175s as well. I've got a flight coming up that I know I'll be wanting to change seats for plus I'm worried about upgrades to Y+ and F happening. Any recent news from anyone who as spoken with AS?
It definitely includes the E75 (as I noted in an earlier post). Most recent news, in my case at least, is that someone in AS management I know confirmed that an IT trouble ticket was opened for the situation I described above and it's being looked into. But I haven't heard about status since Monday and my seats still don't appear in the app and or on the website, though they do still show as blocked/occupied on a seat map.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anyone checked in yet for a flight with vanished seat assignments? What happened?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
I just had four flights worth of Q400 seating disappear into the ether. Not cool. If anyone gets any updates please post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.