Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$25 Alaska Lounge Day Pass for AS Visa Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 Alaska Lounge Day Pass for AS Visa Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I don't think they turn away 75K day passes due to overcrowding. I've been turned away from using my PP but then tell them I have a 75K pass and they let me enter.
FWIW I've also been told that the lounge is full for PP customers, but still available for Admirals Club members.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
FWIW I've also been told that the lounge is full for PP customers, but still available for Admirals Club members.
If you are flying AS or AA and have AC Membership, you will not be denied access. That would be akin to denying a AL Member. I walk past the No PP sign routinely and access the AS longe with my AC Membership.

James
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
But I think the Admirals Club agreement is different. As long as they are admitting AS Lounge members, they have to allow Admirals Club members. PP was always at their discretion.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I shared this in another thread as well. The $25 discounted rate for Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card holders has been extended. The PDX lounge agents thought it was through the end of the summer, but the website seems to have to removed the end date all together. If this stays as a permanent feature of the current card, MVP level flyers and non-elite AS fliers may be better served by taking advantage of this discount vs. paying a high annual fee for a card with Alaska lounge access.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I shared this in another thread as well. The $25 discounted rate for Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card holders has been extended. The PDX lounge agents thought it was through the end of the summer, but the website seems to have to removed the end date all together. If this stays as a permanent feature of the current card, MVP level flyers and non-elite AS fliers may be better served by taking advantage of this discount vs. paying a high annual fee for a card with Alaska lounge access.
As an FYI, these discounted guest passes are only available for immediate use (so you can't grab a handful to stock up on for future use). They also cannot be used in heavy capacity times (so you can't use as an alternative to Priority Pass, for example). Otherwise, definitely a decent, fairly low-cost way to get in to the lounges.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
They also cannot be used in heavy capacity times (so you can't use as an alternative to Priority Pass, for example). Otherwise, definitely a decent, fairly low-cost way to get in to the lounges.
My experience says that this isn't true. I've purchased them on several occasions in the last few months at PDX when then Priority Pass sign was out. It was packed the last time I did it.

As for stocking up, that wouldn't matter if this was a permanent feature of the card (like the $29 access with the Delta AmEx Gold).
Old May 30, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Has anyone with the non-signature version of the card also successfully gotten the discount? I know last year sometime they made the Platinum and Signature cards the same in terms of sign up bonus and benefits, and I know they are explicitly stating visa signature here, but it would be weird to exclude Platinum cardholders, and most of the time they use Visa Signature to refer to the alaska card in general. So I'm curious if anyone can confirm its all alaska credit cards that get the discounted rate.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
As an FYI, these discounted guest passes are only available for immediate use (so you can't grab a handful to stock up on for future use). They also cannot be used in heavy capacity times (so you can't use as an alternative to Priority Pass, for example). Otherwise, definitely a decent, fairly low-cost way to get in to the lounges.
I have in the past used the Visa card day pass at JFK when Priority Pass was being declined.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by williwaw

I have in the past used the Visa card day pass at JFK when Priority Pass was being declined.
Sounds like there's a few cases where these passes are being sold/entry allowed when PP is denied. I stand corrected as an overall policy, but that has been my experience at LAX on a few occasions.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k
Does anyone know if the day pass can be used at multiple lounges on the same calendar day?
The website implies a single location, but is multiple lounges possible in practice? Any firsthand accounts?

A day pass can be used to access any Alaska Lounge location within 24 hours of the time of redemption.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by burningflames
Does anyone know if the day pass can be used at multiple lounges on the same calendar day?
The website implies a single location, but is multiple lounges possible in practice? Any firsthand accounts?
From their FAQ:
How long is a day pass valid for?
A day pass purchased from an Alaska Lounge location is good for 24 hours and is eligible to use at multiple locations in that time period (space permitting).

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...cies-and-rules
Old Aug 8, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k
Originally Posted by ziggy29
From their FAQ:
How long is a day pass valid for?
A day pass purchased from an Alaska Lounge location is good for 24 hours and is eligible to use at multiple locations in that time period (space permitting).

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...cies-and-rules
Awesome - thanks! This is great news - don't know how I missed that.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by burningflames
Awesome - thanks! This is great news - don't know how I missed that.
Just remember to ask for the receipt at the first location as that's how they will track it and let you in at the next location.
pcoll, FlyerDigits and rustykettel like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:34 am

Lounge pass for someone I am not travelling with

I am trying to get day passes for 2 family members I am not travelling with. I have the Alaska credit card. Do I need to add one of them as an authorized user to the credit card for them to be able to buy the discounted $25 passes, since I won't be travelling with them? (it wasn't clear to me if authorized users get the discounted rate for day passes, or if this only works for the primary cardholder). Alternatively, I am planning to get a Boardroom membership for myself, and I heard that boardroom members might be able to buy day passes in advance for others at a discounted rate. Would that be a better option. I appreciate any advice about which option is better and how this actually works (for example, how it works if you are a boardroom member buying a pass for someone else in advance).
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by sfoltl
I am trying to get day passes for 2 family members I am not travelling with. I have the Alaska credit card. Do I need to add one of them as an authorized user to the credit card for them to be able to buy the discounted $25 passes, since I won't be travelling with them? (it wasn't clear to me if authorized users get the discounted rate for day passes, or if this only works for the primary cardholder). Alternatively, I am planning to get a Boardroom membership for myself, and I heard that boardroom members might be able to buy day passes in advance for others at a discounted rate. Would that be a better option. I appreciate any advice about which option is better and how this actually works (for example, how it works if you are a boardroom member buying a pass for someone else in advance).
I've never heard of buying them in advance but I won't rule it out since I'm not sure.
All you need to do is pay with the AS Visa, so if they have one with their name on it, that should be fine. Also, depending on the airport, some lounges are currently selling $25 passes to anyone (I know LAX is).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.