Wiki Posts
Search

alaskaair.com "Error Encountered"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
alaskaair.com "Error Encountered"

I've been getting a lot of these lately... sometimes the last step of booking a ticket, other times just searching for flights/fares. Retry typically reproduces the error until a few minutes elapse, and then it starts working again.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
I've been getting a lot of these lately... sometimes the last step of booking a ticket, other times just searching for flights/fares. Retry typically reproduces the error until a few minutes elapse, and then it starts working again.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Happened to me this AM for the first time in quite some time.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Happened to me this AM for the first time in quite some time.
Hit me this morning, too. And twice in the last week. I can't remember the last time before that.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
Hit me this morning, too. And twice in the last week. I can't remember the last time before that.
Don't worry, all the errors are logged!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Don't worry, all the errors are logged!
Good thing, too. When reports come in and the developers do their research, the error logs usually contain a lot of extra data that the user never sees. That information is often critical to quickly locating the problem and speeding up the fix.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I've been trying to register to their FF program for two days now. No time out error, just goes straight to the error page. Ridiculous!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Alec84
I've been trying to register to their FF program for two days now. No time out error, just goes straight to the error page. Ridiculous!
It took me several tries and 2 days to sign up my daughter. She did not have time before going to airport. Save boarding passes and call in to get credit if you cannot enroll before travel.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
I guess Alaska's crack team of developers are a little behind in pouring over all those logged errors...

Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
I guess Alaska's crack team of developers are a little behind in pouring over all those logged errors...

sure hope the hard copies are still readable after the IT folks finish pouring water or coffee or bourbon or other liquid over em
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767

sure hope the hard copies are still readable after the IT folks finish pouring water or coffee or bourbon or other liquid over em
And everyone is 100% certain that the issue is in fact Alaska IT? Not at all possible that the end user equipment could be something of concern? Did the customer call AS to see if there was an issue? You do know that customer service can assist with account creation don't you?

James
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I had trouble both at home and at work. I called the gold line and was able to make the reservation and the agent said she was unaware of any system issues.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Tried their mobile page with the same result.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Tried their mobile page with the same result.
Are you running the mobile app through your data plan or wifi where you are encountering the same issue via desktop/laptop/tablet?

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.