Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Lounge access at LAX on a mixed cabin LAX-SFO-HKG itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at LAX on a mixed cabin LAX-SFO-HKG itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question Lounge access at LAX on a mixed cabin LAX-SFO-HKG itinerary?

I'm holding a ticket for LAX-SFO in AS Y connecting to SFO-HKG in CX J on the same day.

I tried searching the web but could only find that one qualifies for lounge at LAX if LAX-SFO is an AA flight due to the Oneworld rule that lounge access is based on the cabin of the international leg.

Do I qualify for lounge access at LAX? If so, the AS lounge or the CX lounge?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by hightide
I'm holding a ticket for LAX-SFO in AS Y connecting to SFO-HKG in CX J on the same day.

I tried searching the web but could only find that one qualifies for lounge at LAX if LAX-SFO is an AA flight due to the Oneworld rule that lounge access is based on the cabin of the international leg.

No. As you found from searching, under Oneworld rules you would have lounge access at LAX if you were flying on a oneworld member marketed and operated flight to connect with your oneworld international J flight.
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
See also:
Lounge access AS to CX connection at originating airport?
hightide likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

Is your LAX/SFO in Y only because there was no F (A) space? If so, since you would have redeemed an award that provides for F if available, I'd ask at the AS lounge. (I am assuming this is an AS award ticket. If not, don't even ask.)
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Is your LAX/SFO in Y only because there was no F (A) space? If so, since you would have redeemed an award that provides for F if available, I'd ask at the AS lounge. (I am assuming this is an AS award ticket. If not, don't even ask.)
Not in my experience. They will only give access if you have a non-U F boarding pass. If you have a Y(W) boarding pass on a partner J/F award, they will not let you in nor will they let you in with a F(A) booked itinerary when you're moved from the F(A) segment for IRROPs. "But you can contact Customer Service for a refund of the miles difference!" Yeah, doesn't work that way for a partner award.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yes, I haven't been able to secure F (A) space on my AS award for the LAX-SFO segment.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Yes, I haven't been able to secure F (A) space on my AS award for the LAX-SFO segment.
I would certainly approach the Alaska Lounge Reception and let then know you are on an F/J partner award. Do you have status? I can't say that I haven't been admitted to the AL on a U ticket before. I appreciate that AS isn't always hard and fast on their rules for Elites. It has been a while though. I currently have AC Membership which gets me AL access and I can access the Admirals Club arriving to or leaving from SFO on AS. Unfortunately AS Faid F and AL members have been shut out of SFO.

James
hightide likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
If lounge access is super duper important at LAX, drop the AS Y segment from the award (don’t neglect to fly it, that will cancel the award), buy an AA cash ticket. You would get OW J and AA Flagship lounge access.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I would certainly approach the Alaska Lounge Reception and let then know you are on an F/J partner award. Do you have status? I can't say that I haven't been admitted to the AL on a U ticket before. I appreciate that AS isn't always hard and fast on their rules for Elites. It has been a while though. I currently have AC Membership which gets me AL access and I can access the Admirals Club arriving to or leaving from SFO on AS. Unfortunately AS Faid F and AL members have been shut out of SFO.

James
Unfortunately, I don't have status.

That's interesting eponymous_coward! I didn't know that buying a separate AA cash ticket would make me eligible for OW J and AA flagship lounge access. However, I wouldn't do it this time as my full itinerary is DAL - LAX (stopover) -SFO - HKG - CGK plus I need the 2 x 32kg checked bag allowance for the domestic sectors as well. Just hoping that a LAX-HKG award space will open up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.