Search

Dropping a Segment

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:37 pm
ned
Original Poster

Programs: MTD pass holder
Dropping a Segment

I currently hold a partner award ticket on JAl (LAX-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX). On the outbound I am stopping at NRT for a side trip to Osaka. I would like to drop the outbound NRT-SIN segment in order to book on another airline for a flight from KIX to SIN thereby avoiding a return to Tokyo. This would leave me with what I assume would be considered an open jaws itinerary (Outbound LAX-NRT, Return SIN-NRT-LAX). I assume I would have to pay a change fee as the ticket was booked after June 5. Is this allowed? Thanks for any insight.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ned
I currently hold a partner award ticket on JAl (LAX-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX). On the outbound I am stopping at NRT for a side trip to Osaka. I would like to drop the outbound NRT-SIN segment in order to book on another airline for a flight from KIX to SIN thereby avoiding a return to Tokyo. This would leave me with what I assume would be considered an open jaws itinerary (Outbound LAX-NRT, Return SIN-NRT-LAX). I assume I would have to pay a change fee as the ticket was booked after June 5. Is this allowed? Thanks for any insight.
It’s allowed, since Alaska allows open jaw. But if booked after June 5 there will be a change fee if you are not MVP Gold or 75k.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
In fact, due to TYO and SIN being in different regions of the JL chart, you'll get a few miles back too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.