Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Dumb question but can wallet funds be used to pay award ticket fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Got some leftover funds from a VDB. Couldn't really find an answer
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by trektheusa
Got some leftover funds from a VDB. Couldn't really find an answer
As long as it's an AS flight (in the range of 1-1999, 2000-2999, and 3300-3499), you can use to pay the taxes/fees for an award ticket. Can't be used for partner awards, though.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Most of the time, yes. But I’ve had two separate AS award flights this year where using wallet monies for the fees was not showing up as an option. It wasn’t worth the time of calling customer support so I paid with CC.

I think the wallet function breaks sometimes (at least it’s not as bad as the barely functioning upgrader).
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:59 am
Original Poster

I just booked an award flight with my wallet funds however the wallet funds wasn't a payment option on the app. I had to use my computer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.