Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounges (2020 and Earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:52 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Also new @ N (at least, new to me), you can now grab drinks/juices directly from the chiller - no need to ask for them.

The fountain machines, however, remain shut-down.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LRD
Also new @ N (at least, new to me), you can now grab drinks/juices directly from the chiller - no need to ask for them.
Please share some details with the less imaginative among us (e.g., me).
Old Dec 16, 2020, 4:19 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
Please share some details with the less imaginative among us (e.g., me).
They removed the front glass panel.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Shoutout to the lounge attendant at LAX right now. Somehow a few people have missed the memo about no eating or drinking in the lounge (even though they tell you multiple times when you enter and get the food). Before they can even take a sip, she is on them!
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by dougb_TWR
I've visited the D lounge at SEA between 6:30 AM and 8 AM about ten times in the last two months. It's usually pretty quiet downstairs during those hours. Oftentimes, there are only one or two other parties downstairs when I've been there.
I agree that downstairs is a much better bet for more space. We were upstairs and there was a group of 3 couples next to us, masks off , laughing and talking. I made motion to pull up masks . Told me they do not need to wear masks in lounge. Sorry, wrong.... I just reminded them, masks and distance are not optional in Lounge. A few minutes later, Concierge did see them and also asked they mask up.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Shoutout to the lounge attendant at LAX right now. Somehow a few people have missed the memo about no eating or drinking in the lounge (even though they tell you multiple times when you enter and get the food). Before they can even take a sip, she is on them!
I've always found the LAX staff to be the most proactive when it comes to things. In speaking with a few of them, they told me that they really pushed to bring back the soup ASAP in the early days of their reopening. The staff on bar also try their best to do what they can with whatever regulations are at the time regarding alcohol, and they also do rounds often to clear out anything that might either need to be disposed of or put into the bins for cleaning. Their consistent rounds combined with a relatively small and compact layout probably leads to them being able to scan the room for trash, and now mask use, cleaning tables, and now eating and drinking. You can pretty much get a glimpse of everyone except for the row of taller chairs facing the bathroom where the attendants are normally placed.

The area I've noticed them to be trailing behind the other lounges in their service is reminding guests about the red/green cleaning cards. It's actually the people that try to do their part and throw out everything but forget to flip the card over where this becomes an issue especially when the lounge starts to fill up, but I've seen it happen mostly at LAX where people end up sitting at a table or chair before someone has gotten around to cleaning it. I actually like these cards and would appreciate this continuing when things normalize, as long as everyone remembers to flip it to red when they leave.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeyItsMK
The area I've noticed them to be trailing behind the other lounges in their service is reminding guests about the red/green cleaning cards. It's actually the people that try to do their part and throw out everything but forget to flip the card over where this becomes an issue especially when the lounge starts to fill up, but I've seen it happen mostly at LAX where people end up sitting at a table or chair before someone has gotten around to cleaning it. I actually like these cards and would appreciate this continuing when things normalize, as long as everyone remembers to flip it to red when they leave.
I like the cards, too. I haven't been there for about a month (flew out of ONT today), but I flip the card over when I sit down, rather than when I leave, so I won't have to remember. There should be a little note on it that says something like "flip this when you sit down so you won't forget later"
econ likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
How times have changed...

Just saw this HUGE new sign outside the Alaska Lounge at PDX last night...It wasn't too long ago when it seemed like the No Priority Pass sign was out almost all the time before they dropped Priority Pass altogether....now it seems like the big push to bring as many as possible into the lounge has begun. I will say that I just renewed my lounge membership earlier this month for $350 which is well worth it for me and my entire family considering how much I've been able to use the Alaska Lounges as well as Admirals Clubs. The lounge staff at PDX in particular are AMAZING.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Just saw this HUGE new sign outside the Alaska Lounge at PDX last night...It wasn't too long ago when it seemed like the No Priority Pass sign was out almost all the time before they dropped Priority Pass altogether....now it seems like the big push to bring as many as possible into the lounge has begun. I will say that I just renewed my lounge membership earlier this month for $350 which is well worth it for me and my entire family considering how much I've been able to use the Alaska Lounges as well as Admirals Clubs. The lounge staff at PDX in particular are AMAZING.
I’ll be dropping my AS Lounge membership in 2021 if they are regularly allowing PP members in and will just get in with that. PDX lounge access was the biggest factor for me finally giving in and buying a lounge membership earlier this year.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ll be dropping my AS Lounge membership in 2021 if they are regularly allowing PP members in and will just get in with that. PDX lounge access was the biggest factor for me finally giving in and buying a lounge membership earlier this year.
I had PP via AMEX Platinum and enjoyed the restaurant credits at Caper's and other airports, but PP only allows two guests so my wife would also need PP in order to get both of our kids into the Alaska Lounge at PDX whereas I just need one lounge membership to get my entire family into every Alaska Lounge and Admiral's Club...at $350/yr., I consider that a great deal. The restaurant credit benefit is no longer a part of the PP program if you get that via AMEX Plat and it was also frustrating to have to wonder if the "No Priority Pass" sign would be out when I would be at PDX so for my purposes the Alaska Lounge membership was just a better fit. As business travel eventually picks back up, I fully expect the return of the "No Priority Pass" sign.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Can anyone report on whether the bars (or drink windows) are serving at the lounges at SEA now? I'm guessing not, based on current state guidelines, but do want to know what to expect on Friday. Danke!
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone been to the LAX lounge in the past few days? I was there last week and they were still not allowing food or beverages to be consumed in the lounge, but someone in the AA forum reported that the AC at LAX is back open and allowing food/beverage consumption in the AC now.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
It's been a long day and I may be misreading your post, so you can't eat or drink in the LAX Lounge?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
It's been a long day and I may be misreading your post, so you can't eat or drink in the LAX Lounge?
Correct! They still have food & beverages (no alcohol) for take-out(away). Nothing can be consumed in the lounge. The self-serve area is quardened off. Your requests are taken by lounge staff and put in a paper bag to take with you. When I was in the Lounge on December 30th, the selection was quite good, chips, pretzels, cookies, fruit, soup, water, soda dispenced, etc. They also had salads, cups of cheese cubes & chicken, cups of vegetables with a choice of dips & caprese cups with Bocconcini & grape tomatoes with pesto dip that they brought out from the kitchen. They were happy to give you as much of what ever you wanted.

Contrast that to SEA D lounge on January 1st. No alcohol but everthing else was self serve. Coffee, Soda machine, Pancake maker, etc. Salads were available upstars after 11:00 am; oatmeal before. No 'sip & cover' as long as you are seated, no mask required. Stark difference between CA & AA.

James
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
Can anyone report on whether the bars (or drink windows) are serving at the lounges at SEA now? I'm guessing not, based on current state guidelines, but do want to know what to expect on Friday. Danke!
I can't speak for tomorrow, Jan. 6, but I was there Dec. 28. I asked when the bar would be open again. They told me that the earliest would be Jan. 6, depending on state orders. If the state extends the no bars/alcohol order, then the lounges would follow suit. Hopefully someone will have first hand experience tomorrow.
Bellerina and Ford Fairlane like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.