Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounges (2020 and Earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS
LAX Lounge
First time since shut down for us. So good to see Concierge / friends again. Two have taken retirement, and two are on longer work shifts. Had nice long chat to catch up..
we were in lounge about 1pm.....shocked how empty it was.

Main seating area..

Bar area, not busy at all.

Food choices, salad, soup, chips, prepackaged cookes and fruit. You must ask for what items you would like and they hand it off to you. Salad with chicken was good..saved potato chips for plane.
OmniScorpio likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
LAX Lounge
First time since shut down for us. So good to see Concierge / friends again. Two have taken retirement, and two are on longer work shifts. Had nice long chat to catch up..
we were in lounge about 1pm.....shocked how empty it was.

Main seating area..

Bar area, not busy at all.

Food choices, salad, soup, chips, prepackaged cookes and fruit. You must ask for what items you would like and they hand it off to you. Salad with chicken was good..saved potato chips for plane.
Do you have to ask for the chips and pre-packaged items at the LAX?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It seems to vary - I've been there twice on PP in the past month or so. The first time they had a tensabarrier and you had to ask, the second time it was serve yourself. The bottom of pcoll's post below the picture notes that you have to ask and they serve you. Not obvious if it depends on how crowded it is (not very, either time I was there) or whether LA county rules change with positive test rate & case count.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
On Friday morning, the D lounge was at capacity. We were the last two people admitted and the three behind us in line were told they had to wait until three people left. Easy to maintain spacing but mask use was not enforced at all for those who were seated even if not eating or drinking.
I do my best to put my mask back on when I'm not actively eating, but to be honest, I think that's gotta be a tough job for the lounge attendants and if it were a restaurant with dine-in seating, nobody would be wearing a mask.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
On Friday morning, the D lounge was at capacity. We were the last two people admitted and the three behind us in line were told they had to wait until three people left. Easy to maintain spacing but mask use was not enforced at all for those who were seated even if not eating or drinking.
I became a paying lounge member partly due to the lack of PP access when I had PP so not being allowed entry as a lounge member would result in a strongly worded letter to the powers that be....if there are too many lounge memberships being sold, maybe that needs to be limited, but not getting what you pay for isn't gonna work.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I do my best to put my mask back on when I'm not actively eating, but to be honest, I think that's gotta be a tough job for the lounge attendants and if it were a restaurant with dine-in seating, nobody would be wearing a mask.
Agreed. And I should have said it didn’t bother me in the least. I was just reporting in the same vein as the post above mine. Everyone was adequately spaced so no need for enforcement of those who were seated, IMO.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS
we were there in Tuesday. LA County had just gone from purple to red on COVID restrictions the week before.
They had area “roped” off. Yes, we had to ask for each item. Went back twice, no issue.
Really like that they have packaged potato chips.
Reminded me of the days when they had Tim’s Chips in lounge. So good onboard with a beer.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by chrisl137
It seems to vary - I've been there twice on PP in the past month or so. The first time they had a tensabarrier and you had to ask, the second time it was serve yourself. The bottom of pcoll's post below the picture notes that you have to ask and they serve you. Not obvious if it depends on how crowded it is (not very, either time I was there) or whether LA county rules change with positive test rate & case count.
Flew through and got to use PP at LAX in late Aug, and accidentally went and grabbed my own items. In my defense, I thought the barrier was to limit number of people back at once, and the attendant was in the bar/kitchen area chatting so wasn't there to stop me. There were only maybe 4 people in the lounge, though.
pcoll likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Does anyone know when PDX changed their lounge hours to close at 7:30pm? I could have sworn yesterday it said 9pm.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Does anyone know when PDX changed their lounge hours to close at 7:30pm? I could have sworn yesterday it said 9pm.
I was there this morning and thought it said 4:30-9:00...
Bellerina likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I was there this morning and thought it said 4:30-9:00...
Ok, glad it wasn’t just me.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
In the N lounge now. They have the same salads/packaged snacks as previously reported, in addition to cups with cheese cubes and a couple of “premium” trail mix type snacks in decent size bags. I don’t recall seeing these a month or so ago.
ACBLtd and pcoll like this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
In the N lounge now. They have the same salads/packaged snacks as previously reported, in addition to cups with cheese cubes and a couple of “premium” trail mix type snacks in decent size bags. I don’t recall seeing these a month or so ago.
The trail mix looks better than the Chewy/Nutrigrain bars that they usually have, feel they are something you'd get in FC from the snack basket. I still have a few of those cookie packages in my pantry though from my last trip.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 9:39 pm

What's the beverage service currently in the lounge. Spirits available? For some reason I love Bloody Mary's when I travel and it doesn't seem that's going to be available in flight.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by johnp012001
What's the beverage service currently in the lounge. Spirits available? For some reason I love Bloody Mary's when I travel and it doesn't seem that's going to be available in flight.
Full bar at ANC & SEA. Both have beer, wine & (free) spirits and premium offerings for a fee. Not sure about the others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.