Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounges (2020 and Earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Stopped by the lounge this afternoon and there was another sign saying they were at capacity and there was a code you could scan or website you could access to add yourself to the waitlist. I went to the website to add myself to the waitlist and noticed there were 8 people already waiting. Before I added myself, I noticed a note saying that if you were an Alaska Lounge member that you could see a concierge for availability. They ended up letting me in right away and I asked about more lounges opening up but there was no mention of the July 1st reopening date I had heard mentioned before. She did say that they had opened the C lounge for minors that were traveling...not sure if that means lounge members with kids or unaccompanied minors flying paid first or both. They do have both floors open but the food is all upstairs. The downstairs is only about 25%-30% full.

Waitlist link: app.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1
From your link "Due to social distancing requirements our lounge is currently full. We’re not able to admit First Class or Day Pass Guests at the moment. Please add yourself to the waitlist and we will send you a text or email when we're ready for you."

I'm surprised they are denying First Class passengers. If so, they need to update this page (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ce/first-class) to reflect that there are temporary exceptions to the lounge access rules.

Lounge access is one of the few reasons to currently pay for F, so I'd be p.o.'d if I showed up and was met with that.
pcoll and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Klrduks
They better be only allowing FC and members then. If they are still selling day passes and won't let a member in, there would be a strongly worded letter from me. :-)
As an Alaska Lounge member, I too would be submitting a letter if they closed to members....really unacceptable in an airport with 3 lounges. It sounds like paid first class may become less valuable with no fresh food, limited beverages, and no guaranteed lounge access. To be fair, as far as I know, AS is the only US airline to offer lounge access to passengers in paid first on all flights, not just premium routes like AA and UA....perhaps that is a perk that may disappear if lounges get too crowded.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked the waitlist link today and it sounds like are still limiting entry....7 on the list right now.

Last edited by dayone; Jun 16, 2020 at 6:16 pm Reason: Add link.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS
Any news on other AS lounges reopening on July1?
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
I haven't heard anything announced yet....many of AA Admirals Clubs are in the process of re-opening right now so I would guess Alaska Lounges would be opening again. I would imagine that the lone Alaska Lounge in SEA is at capacity most of the time now.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I haven't heard anything announced yet....many of AA Admirals Clubs are in the process of re-opening right now so I would guess Alaska Lounges would be opening again. I would imagine that the lone Alaska Lounge in SEA is at capacity most of the time now.
The D lounge is past capacity and they have an app based wait list to get in. Something has to give, and soon.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
As an Alaska Lounge member, I too would be submitting a letter if they closed to members....really unacceptable in an airport with 3 lounges. It sounds like paid first class may become less valuable with no fresh food, limited beverages, and no guaranteed lounge access. To be fair, as far as I know, AS is the only US airline to offer lounge access to passengers in paid first on all flights, not just premium routes like AA and UA....perhaps that is a perk that may disappear if lounges get too crowded.
Please do not give AS any ideas. They are different from the rest for a reason. Don't give them any excuse to become one of the pack.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
With that date being next week and no formal announcement yet, I'm starting to wonder if that is really going to happen. I thought the opening of the AC during this past week would encourage AS to follow suit, but now I'm not sure.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:31 pm

Thinking the same thing. Was hoping for some kind of announcement Sunday/ Monday. Start of summer travel season?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
In the D lounge now. Talked to several employees, they too had heard July 1 for the C and N lounges but seems like that was scrapped. Said they don’t know when they are supposed to reopen, as it’s dependent on when air travel picks up to the point that it’s worth it to reopen. The D lounge is packed, so I think it’s getting close to the point where it makes sense.

Attached are some pics of the offerings.

pcoll and Bellerina like this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

All things considered, that's a pretty reasonable selection. Especially compared to the environmental disaster plastic "snack box" offered at the DFW Admirals Club.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say travel has more than picked up to justify at least the opening of C lounge in SEA and the lounge in PDX....July 1st seemed like a reasonable open date.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:52 pm

I would say travel has more than picked up to justify at least the opening of C lounge in SEA and the lounge in PDX....July 1st seemed like a reasonable open date.
Would love to see LAX open July 1.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I wonder how many they would permit in the PDX lounge. 20-25?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:04 am

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
QF is considering bringing back the pancake machine in its lounges. AS, listen up!
Qantas Lounges to Reopen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.