Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Class on Legacy Airbus Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Premium Class on Legacy Airbus Aircraft

What rows are considered “premium class” and get to order free snacks and drinks on VX aircraft (for now) on your screen?

The last VX aircraft I was in was a SDC I got on an hour before departure so I was in a midddle seat in row 18. It use to be just row 3 and 10 got free snacks and ordering. Is that still the case? I was able to get row 4 tomorrow for my flight to LAX.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Bulkhead and the reclining exit row, except on the 321 where it’s the first three rows:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ircraft/series
Old May 24, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K, United 1K
I'm also curious if the previous main cabin select seats are still all you can order or not? I noticed two weeks ago that they still were.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by PandaMVP
I'm also curious if the previous main cabin select seats are still all you can order or not? I noticed two weeks ago that they still were.
As of Tuesday, May 22, the answer is yes.
We had AS FA's training on our flight. they were observing VX FA's and getting familiar with the Airbus galley. Pre-flight, I went forward to ask question of FA and captain came out to galley. He introduced himself to me, "Hi, I am John". I returned the favor and laughed, "sorry, I am not crew but passenger". He still said, "very nice to meet you Pat from Seattle". We then discussed the future of the RED system on Airbus planes. Pilot and VX crew member were sad to hear that it will be going away with refit of VX , later this year.
Noticed that AS crew did not seem to help out in any way. No serving in F or collection of trays after. Our FA in F was hustling and AS just stood and watched.Also, no collection of inservice items in Y from the AS crew, only VX.
Perhaps they were not getting paid to do the training??
Old May 24, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by pcoll
As of Tuesday, May 22, the answer is yes.
We had AS FA's training on our flight. they were observing VX FA's and getting familiar with the Airbus galley. Pre-flight, I went forward to ask question of FA and captain came out to galley. He introduced himself to me, "Hi, I am John". I returned the favor and laughed, "sorry, I am not crew but passenger". He still said, "very nice to meet you Pat from Seattle". We then discussed the future of the RED system on Airbus planes. Pilot and VX crew member were sad to hear that it will be going away with refit of VX , later this year.
Noticed that AS crew did not seem to help out in any way. No serving in F or collection of trays after. Our FA in F was hustling and AS just stood and watched.Also, no collection of inservice items in Y from the AS crew, only VX.
Perhaps they were not getting paid to do the training??
I don't believe they are technically allowed to work any aircraft type prior to being certified on that aircraft. This would explain why they observed but did not participate.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Seems like RED will survive until being reconfigured?
Old May 24, 2018, 6:47 pm

Red should be used exclusively for first amd premium on all aircraft. Maybe there's a way to do app ordering.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by trektheusa
Red should be used exclusively for first amd premium on all aircraft. Maybe there's a way to do app ordering.
Totally agree. Hope the reconfiguration does not happen for a long time. I know they are shooting for late this year but, heres hoping.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
What rows are considered “premium class” and get to order free snacks and drinks on VX aircraft (for now) on your screen?

The last VX aircraft I was in was a SDC I got on an hour before departure so I was in a midddle seat in row 18. It use to be just row 3 and 10 got free snacks and ordering. Is that still the case? I was able to get row 4 tomorrow for my flight to LAX.
I dont think free food/snacks in premium class on VX anymore
Old May 25, 2018, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boycruz
I just got off a flight BOS-LAX in premium on a VX plane about 2 hours ago and they did provide free food & drinks for the premium rows. The IFE for my row and a few around went out about halfway through the flight, but the FAs kept working hard to meet requests made by using the call button. No charge for anything in the Premium rows.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by boycruz
Just to clarify , Premium Class on AS is different than what is on VX (Airbus) planes.
It was and still may be called MCS. Main Cabin Select. I believe it shows as paid premium seats on seating map when booking flight. (Blue with Stars)
On Airbus, it is only row 3 and row 10.
On AS, (737). it is forward of main cabin and no longer offers drink or snack.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Just to clarify , Premium Class on AS is different than what is on VX (Airbus) planes.
It was and still may be called MCS. Main Cabin Select. I believe it shows as paid premium seats on seating map when booking flight. (Blue with Stars)
On Airbus, it is only row 3 and row 10.
On AS, (737). it is forward of main cabin and no longer offers drink or snack.
Below are the rows by aircraft type:

A319: Rows 3 & 8
A320: Rows 3 & 10
A321: Rows 3-5
Old May 25, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by FluxTZ

Below are the rows by aircraft type:

A319: Rows 3 & 8
A320: Rows 3 & 10
A321: Rows 3-5
Thanks for posting that. Great job researching this. I realized later that a blanket statement for Airbus was probably not completely correct. I wanted to convey that it is very limited.
Old May 25, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by chrisl137

I just got off a flight BOS-LAX in premium on a VX plane about 2 hours ago and they did provide free food & drinks for the premium rows. The IFE for my row and a few around went out about halfway through the flight, but the FAs kept working hard to meet requests made by using the call button. No charge for anything in the Premium rows.
Thats interesting since when you book on VX metal using AS website it says nothing about free snacks/food any longer
Old May 25, 2018, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

On AS, (737). [Premium Class] is forward of main cabin and no longer offers drink or snack.
Complimentary cocktails, hand-selected wine, and beer (where beverage service is normally served) are still included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.