Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ffman999
When I used to fly United they would always have a second flight attendant come up to help in F. At least for 20-30 minutes.
I used to see that about half the time on AS. I think the newish initial "signature" water service immediately after the 10k chime might have something to do with that?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:04 pm

AS 1014 SEA-ORD 8/12
Depart 6:35 am

Water bottles at each seat upon boarding and was immediately offered a choice of coffee or OJ upon taking my seat.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
As 1609 sfo-pdx

As1609 sfo-pdx 8/12/19

water bottles at seat and orange juice or mimosas offered within 10 minutes of boarding (during boarding) drink orders taken within 10 minutes of takeoff. Refills as needed and attentive.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
AS 1904 SFO-LAS 8.13. (onboard now)
Water bottles at seat and one of those crews that you know upon first glance is going to be awesome.

Cross-fleeted crew, new config A320, and even though both the FA and me miss the big white seats, this is WAY better than a Boeing.

Sipping the sparkling and once again, very happy with AS today.

(unrelated, but do NOT sit in Row 1. I'm in Row 2, but did a leg check when boarding. No, no, no.)
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Pre-Departure Beverages other than water is the rare exception. PDB's are dead, dead, dead. So much so, that things are awesome when we aren't in row 1 (without legroom) and get a drink.

So now it is more interesting to see how long it takes from reaching altitude to having a drink in hand. That would be a different thread.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Pre-Departure Beverages other than water is the rare exception. PDB's are dead, dead, dead. So much so, that things are awesome when we aren't in row 1 (without legroom) and get a drink.

So now it is more interesting to see how long it takes from reaching altitude to having a drink in hand. That would be a different thread.
I don't think they're necessarily dead, dead, dead. Had mimosas offered on 8/2 LAX-DCA (12:30 pm departure) and 8/10 DCA-LAX (9:15 am departure) along w/ coffee, OJ, or just plain bubbly pre-takeoff and was pleasantly surprised. One was former VX, one original AS. Both on A321 w/ the big white leather seats in great condition. Have definitely not had any or been told to wait for after takeoff in the past, but some are definitely still providing great service and I always give them kudos in AlaskaListens surveys.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
AS 1106 SFO-RDU
AS 1107 RDU-SFO
5 RTs on these flights and never a PDB, even though they had plenty of time to do so.
But they are primarily here for my safety.
jjmadison and ASA_1 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
8/10 AS1116 SEA-LAS
8/11 AS141 LAS-SEA
Offered PDB on both flights. Just coffee/juice since these were both c.6am flights, but I still take it as a win.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I don't think they're necessarily dead, dead, dead. Had mimosas offered on 8/2 LAX-DCA (12:30 pm departure) and 8/10 DCA-LAX (9:15 am departure) along w/ coffee, OJ, or just plain bubbly pre-takeoff and was pleasantly surprised. One was former VX, one original AS. Both on A321 w/ the big white leather seats in great condition. Have definitely not had any or been told to wait for after takeoff in the past, but some are definitely still providing great service and I always give them kudos in AlaskaListens surveys.
Oh. I exaggerated a bit for hyperbole effect. Your are right, PDB's are are not dead, dead, dead. They are just dead. Dead like a broken clock that is wrong most of the time but still right 2 times per day. I am over it, I am sure I am over it, I must be over it, really.
jjmadison, samosa and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
8/08/19 AS47 ANC-ADQ
Got Pre-Departure beverage
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
I spoke too soon........

Originally Posted by GumboCook
AS 1106 SFO-RDU
AS 1107 RDU-SFO
5 RTs on these flights and never a PDB, even though they had plenty of time to do so.
But they are primarily here for my safety.
I knew this was going to happen.
AS 709 RDU-SFO
I was offered a OJ or coffee PDB !
PDX based crew.
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by GumboCook
I knew this was going to happen.
AS 709 RDU-SFO
I was offered a OJ or coffee PDB !
PDX based crew.
Murphy's law isn't always bad
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
AS 3328 SJC-DAL (Skywest)
Offered whatever I wanted for a PDB (in addition to the waters at each seat)
PDX-based crew, awesome overall and super attentive with the food and drink service (multiple refills)
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:49 pm

cough cough, begin CPR, cough cough. I am in shock.

Coffee served today. After dozens and dozens of nothing available but waters, today coffee or OJ.
GumboCook and DrAlex like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
cough cough, begin CPR, cough cough. I am in shock.

Coffee served today. After dozens and dozens of nothing available but waters, today coffee or OJ.
How dare that crew make their co-workers look bad by actually offering base F class service as advertised??? What nerve. Who do they think they are?!
AS Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.