Wiki Posts
Search

AS Web/App and SAP Concur Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
AS Web/App and SAP Concur Reservations

Why is it that any reservations that I make through SAP Concur will never show up in my account on the web or the Alaska iPhone app? I end up having to call Alaska. The MP number is in the reservation and the name matches the account exactly so that's not the issue.

This isn't a problem with any other airline that book travel through Concur with.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
FWIW I had the same issue when our travel was on the AMEX platform previously. It's very minor, and you don't have to call AS... just go through "Add a Flight Reservation" on the app or site.
missamo80 and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Same thing with Concur, but I also get it for the other person when booking two people on a reservation through AlaskaAir.com.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
There is no need to call Alaska. Just go into the website (what I do) or the mobile app once you receive the invoice from Concur (indicating the flight was actually ticketed) and add it to your account using the "Add a reservation" feature. Enter your last name and Alaska booking reference (which is in the invoice mail you get from Concur) and you're done.

Neil
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by missamo80
There is no need to call Alaska. Just go into the website (what I do) or the mobile app once you receive the invoice from Concur (indicating the flight was actually ticketed) and add it to your account using the "Add a reservation" feature. Enter your last name and Alaska booking reference (which is in the invoice mail you get from Concur) and you're done.

Neil
Yep - and it can be added even before it's actually ticketed, so long as you've got a PNR/Alaska confirmation code to enter. When you do it this way, it shows up in a new "Other" category on My Trips on the web. I believe you have to add on the app as well if you want it to show there (for seat assignments, etc). Once it's ticketed, you may have to add it again if it doesn't automatically push through. Sort of annoying, but I don't find it that much work to add it to my account.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
FWIW I had the same issue when our travel was on the AMEX platform previously. It's very minor, and you don't have to call AS... just go through "Add a Flight Reservation" on the app or site.
That works most of the time but not always. The last two times I had to call, and they had to put me on hold and get help, etc...

It's just bizarre that I've never had this problem with any other airline, domestic or international.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Skyjumper
That works most of the time but not always. The last two times I had to call, and they had to put me on hold and get help, etc...

It's just bizarre that I've never had this problem with any other airline, domestic or international.
Make sure you wait to do it until after you get the invoice from Concur. If the flight isn't ticketed yet you can't add it directly (although apparently per above there's a new "other" tab I haven't used yet on the AS website that would show it). I've lost count of how many Alaska reservations I've added after booking via Concur. It works every time, as long as you wait until you get the invoice from Concur.

Neil
Old May 1, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
You can do it pre-invoice and it shows up in other.

Make sure you wait to do it until after you get the invoice from Concur. If the flight isn't ticketed yet you can't add it directly (although apparently per above there's a new "other" tab I haven't used yet on the AS website that would show it). I've lost count of how many Alaska reservations I've added after booking via Concur. It works every time, as long as you wait until you get the invoice from Concur.

Neil
Old May 1, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by WebTraveler
You can do it pre-invoice and it shows up in other.
It will be in other, but then with mine I have to add it again after the invoice.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
It is crazy both that the reservations don't appear automatically, and that you have to add them separately to the website and the app

In 2018
Old May 2, 2018, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
It is crazy both that the reservations don't appear automatically, and that you have to add them separately to the website and the app

In 2018
You've obviously never used Concur
be_rettSEA and DrAlex like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I use an AMEX based corp TA and have to add my flights manually, but only once. If I add it on the web it automatically shows on my phone, and vice versa. I have added a flight before the invoice arrived once - but could not select seats. Called in and got my seats without an issue.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Concur isn’t the problem. It’s an issue with Alaska’s interface with the reservation system. Apparently a long standing one.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Skyjumper
Concur isn’t the problem. It’s an issue with Alaska’s interface with the reservation system. Apparently a long standing one.
I would say Concur IS a problem (but perhaps not in this exact instance). It's interface is slow, outdated, and missing a bunch of features that many other search engines do well.

I could probably book 5 trips through GF before even getting through one on Concur. And, I bet I could even get two though ITA Matrix + BookWithMatrix before one through Concur. PITA
Old May 2, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I see the same problem with whatever system Carlson Wagonlit is using (GetThere?). Only with AS, not UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.