Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mixmastermark
With over 300+ flights on VX metal before the merger, I am among that minority that is pretty keen on getting some VX miles credited towards my AS MM status, even if it's just those last VX flights in 2017 that Alaska said it would. That's still easily 100k+ miles for me, depending on how they're converting.

As a SFO-based loyal VX flier since 2010, I earned Gold every year that the Elevate program existed, since it launched in 2012 until that last farewell flight (with some of you lovely FTers), VX1948.

If AS needs help crediting my VX flights for MM status, I have every one of my VX flight confirmation emails saved in my Gmail

Some more info here:

Alaska’s Guest Loyalty Director Kevin Scott explains:

We understand Mileage Plan members value tracking their progression toward Million Miler status and the associated benefits unlocked upon reaching it and the question you and others raised prompted us to reevaluate

The solution we have landed on is that in early 2018 we’ll take a retrospective look at Elevate earn activity from the date of the Alaska Airlines – Virgin America deal close (Dec 14, 2016) through the end of the program (Dec 31, 2017) and credit such activity toward Mileage Plan Million Miler progression."

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/ele...nly-partially/
If you have the time, simply make a spreadsheet and calculate the mileage for each flight and provide all the data to AS. It has been years already since they were supposed to work on this and given the small amount of people this will really impact, I doubt they will even both at this point. Perhaps if you do the work for them, they will actually give you some credit for that
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
Latest update from AS Customer Care:

"Regretfully, the accrual of Elevate miles into our Million Miler status has been a complicated process in our merge. Virgin America Elevate did not accumulate mileage credit the same way as our Mileage Plan program. As such, it has caused a delay in this being completed. I can assure you that our Management staff is working on this for our members. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame to provide to you."
Any luck on this for anyone? I emailed support a few more times with no reply whatsoever on their part, would love to get those miles added.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by StephanP37
Any luck on this for anyone? I emailed support a few more times with no reply whatsoever on their part, would love to get those miles added.
You haven't forgotten about this yet? Just as soon as you forget about it, this will be resolved by the AS IT department. It is about time to assume that this is never going to happen.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You haven't forgotten about this yet? Just as soon as you forget about it, this will be resolved by the AS IT department. It is about time to assume that this is never going to happen.
finally got this email sad end to the wait.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Any luck anyone?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
A few months ago, I was told the person responsible for this had recently left the company. Caveat: I heard this second hand, and from someone within the company I only see occasionally, so don't know if there is a new person on the case. Still, makes me doubt the promise of MM credit will ever be completed.

Based on on my experience with mergers, things fall through the cracks. If the people who made the promise leave the company, less likely it ever happens. I think it will require someone who cares about this getting a senior level exec involved to make this happen.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jjmadison
A few months ago, I was told the person responsible for this had recently left the company. Caveat: I heard this second hand, and from someone within the company I only see occasionally, so don't know if there is a new person on the case. Still, makes me doubt the promise of MM credit will ever be completed.
Don't know if it's the same person you're thinking of, but the AS director of loyalty quoted at the start above left back in March according to his public LinkedIn profile.

I still think a block grant of lifetime miles would be the easiest for the single year of integration. Just make it essentially at the level of the next higher tier (if they actually hit it, they'd be at that level) with 100k lifetime miles for VX Gold. At most, it's a 10% discount towards lifetime AS MVPG.

Unfortunately AS has probably squandered any goodwill from their promise while engendering antipathy. Meanwhile pax have already made their own loyalty decisions.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Don't know if it's the same person you're thinking of, but the AS director of loyalty quoted at the start above left back in March according to his public LinkedIn profile.

I still think a block grant of lifetime miles would be the easiest for the single year of integration. Just make it essentially at the level of the next higher tier (if they actually hit it, they'd be at that level) with 100k lifetime miles for VX Gold. At most, it's a 10% discount towards lifetime AS MVPG.
exactly right. It’s chintzy enough that they don’t value the years of loyalty some of their customers gave to VX since the airline launched. By now apparently even reneging on the little they did promise to recognize, they surely don’t do themselves any favors. It’s one thing UA did right during their integration with CO. (and disclaimer, I personally have nothing to gain from the forgotten promise, and little from true lifetime VX travel getting recognized)
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It’s one thing UA did right during their integration with CO.
You must not have come in from the UA side. One of the first things they did after the CO merger was to eliminate the two yearly regional upgrades that were previously provided to million milers. I wouldn't trust them to eliminate further benefits down the line that work against million milers.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by tom911
You must not have come in from the UA side. One of the first things they did after the CO merger was to eliminate the two yearly regional upgrades that were previously provided to million milers. I wouldn't trust them to eliminate further benefits down the line that work against million milers.
I did come from the UA side. And new-UA gave me lifetime credit not only for the CO flights taken during the integration or all the CO lifetime credit built up in the past, but also did a one-time adjustment for PMUA members to count all EQMs earned in the past (as PMCO had done, vs just BIS at PMUA). That included for me double-EQM promos, *A partner credit, credit card EQMs and more. It put all longtime members, PMUA and PMCO, on roughly equal footing and got me close enough to MM status that a few years later I could actually pass the threshold.

Regarding the regional upgrades, if you want to be fair, you should also mention that they introduced a partner status benefit that now enables my wife to have the same Gold status that I have, every year. I personally value that more than a couple of regional upgrades, but as with everything, YMMV. In any case, it’s a topic for another forum and has been debated to death there. This thread is about AS and how to merge lifetime miles balances (or not, apparently).
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:15 am

Sounds like that is who my contact was referring to.

Unfortunately AS has probably squandered any goodwill from their promise while engendering antipathy. Meanwhile pax have already made their own loyalty decisions.
Completely in agreement. I don't see anyone at AS suddenly deciding this is a priority as they have already missed any reasonable timeframe for engendering goodwill. Only chance I see left is if someone on this forum (or elsewhere) with high level connects at Alaska raises awareness at in the SEA-Suite.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jjmadison
I don't see anyone at AS suddenly deciding this is a priority as they have already missed any reasonable timeframe for engendering goodwill.
Not only that, but we're probably quickly approaching (if haven't already) a timeframe where they can claim they no longer have the travel records for flights taken anyhow.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Not only that, but we're probably quickly approaching (if haven't already) a timeframe where they can claim they no longer have the travel records for flights taken anyhow.
Good point. I could see that excuse being used in April of next year, after the 24 month mark is passed.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps people could submit their own documentation to MileagePlan for retro claim consideration. I have PDFs of boarding passes, itins and ticket purchasing receipts for virtually all flights taken in the last 10+ years.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Perhaps people could submit their own documentation to MileagePlan for retro claim consideration. I have PDFs of boarding passes, itins and ticket purchasing receipts for virtually all flights taken in the last 10+ years.
That works for you and I would be happy if you got it!

I could painstakingly comb through email accounts to put together receipts but I don't think that wouldn't be worth the effort. And I doubt AS would want to validate each of the submissions.

AS needs to keep it simple and ignoring it is ultimately simple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.