Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Have you noticed the new water service in coach?
Yes, it's great
46.15%
I haven't noticed
19.23%
Why not F?
3.85%
Bring back the snackbox in Premium Y!
30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

New Water Service in Y March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Arrow New Water Service in Y March 2018

Seems AS has implemented a new water service to start out Y service. This is before the inflight tablet distribution. The main beverage cart follows up. It took about 45 minutes into the flight for the flight. What other changes to Y service has there been? Sounds like more things are in the pipeline.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I’m not sure what else is in store but this does appear to be something they have implemented

Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Yeah, I've noticed it. Everyone in Y gets a water (and the first part of Y gets a drink) before anyone in F gets a drink. I thought it was a deliberate ploy by AS to keep F parched because there's no dedicated F lav on AS.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Your poll needs a simple "yes" option. I want to say yes, not yes it's great
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Note that this is a plastic cup filled with water poured from a plastic bottle while you hold your cup. I have seen this in Y many times over the years when traveling in Y, usually towards the end of the flight. This changes give you water at the beginning of the flight, so just the timing has changed.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
look out Delta, this service enhancement is going to blow you out of the....water?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
I noticed it on a Q400 flight wednesday. There was a large amount of groussing from the FA's in the back while preparing general service. I'd rather the main beverage service happen sooner and the "orange juice and water only routine J/K no service because of turbulence" ends.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Why not an option to vote "No, I don't like it"?

We took the water in both directions but never will again - messed up our MO of running back to the lav the minute the carts pass by, now had to juggle a glass of water in the process.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I'm a bit confused why there is a "why not F" poll option ..... don't we already get water bottle service in F?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by maradori
I'm a bit confused why there is a "why not F" poll option ..... don't we already get water bottle service in F?
Which is already below competitor standards for F predeparture beverages.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by channa
Which is already below competitor standards for F predeparture beverages.
AS has been pretty clear it succeeds by doing things differently. You should look at the entire experience and how the value compares. Focusing on specific aspects, like PDBs, will only lead to further disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.