Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska No Longer Offers Snack Box in Premium Class (March 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska No Longer Offers Snack Box in Premium Class (March 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Wait wait wait, you're telling me from DCA to SEA there is no meal service, no snack box, only a fig bar and some trail mix?

What kind of third rate LCC is this?
bobsyouruncle likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Wait wait wait, you're telling me from DCA to SEA there is no meal service, no snack box, only a fig bar and some trail mix?

No, there's still the regular hot meal/fruit & cheese plate/snack box options on that route, but those aren't complimentary.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel

No, there's still the regular hot meal/fruit & cheese plate/snack box options on that route, but those aren't complimentary.
With the return of free meals in Y on some long-haul domestic DL flights out of SEA, I'm kinda surprised AS hasn't made some move in that direction.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by fly18725
The snack boxes were almost universally panned on this board as being too small, too cheap, and not appealing. Of course, AS replaces them with individual items that are probably more expensive and people complain about that too.
One thing everyone agrees about...the wrap on the snack box was made of military grade indestructible plastic!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Those snacks look like an upgrade to me. The bars are pretty good.

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
One thing everyone agrees about...the wrap on the snack box was made of military grade indestructible plastic!
I spent 30 minutes on MSP-PDX last summer trying to open mine. ‘Twas a good enrichment activity for me, and I’m sure great IFE for everyone around me!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:48 pm

I really liked the snack boxes ): Fig bar was good, almonds were delicious, and dark chocolate was a nice snack
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
I like the fig bars!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by DCP2016

Wow coming from a guy whose primary program is listed as Southwest rapid rewards, also please fill me in what free meals is AA giving in Main Cabin Extra? What meal is DL serving for free system wide?
CalanMan and jinglish like this.

Last edited by CDKing; Mar 22, 2018 at 6:57 pm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by IStream
I like the fig bars!
I like them, too! They're one of my go-to snacks at work. I'd rather have a full bar than one of the snack boxes, but a basket with the bars and a wider variety of choices in it would undeniably be better.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Had the trail mix on AS729- tasty but I want some more
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:10 pm

For the Same Price, you Get Less

I continue to be baffled by AS’s approach to the Bay Area. In my experience, AS heavily promotes what they view as positive changes, and secretly introduces negative changes. Where is the press release saying that they are responding to flyer preferences to offer a better, but more limited selection of snacks for a premium price? In my view these hamhanded PR moves indicate that their PR team is clueless, and that they continue demonstrating that they have no idea how to relate to people outside of the PNW. At a higher level, I consistently hope that they have a “secret master plan” for improving or at least maintaining service from the Bay Area, but it remains elusive at this late date in the merger process.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
I continue to be baffled by AS’s approach to the Bay Area. In my experience, AS heavily promotes what they view as positive changes, and secretly introduces negative changes. Where is the press release saying that they are responding to flyer preferences to offer a better, but more limited selection of snacks for a premium price? In my view these hamhanded PR moves indicate that their PR team is clueless, and that they continue demonstrating that they have no idea how to relate to people outside of the PNW. At a higher level, I consistently hope that they have a “secret master plan” for improving or at least maintaining service from the Bay Area, but it remains elusive at this late date in the merger process.
Getting serious about servicing OAK would be a good start.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
Had this on my OGG-BLI flight last night and was really disappointed by the selection. A fig bar? Really? (full disclosure: I have a fig tree in my garden and love fresh figs).
How about adding a choice that doesn't include dried fruit like some dark chocolate or almonds.
lalala likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Emerald Club Excutive
I prefer the basket of chocolate & other items that I think Delta did. Let me pick for myself, or better yet, feel free to bake us fresh chocolate cookies like Continental Airlines did back in the day.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
This seems like an upgrade... the snack boxes weren't the greatest and now you at least get a choice between the fig bar and the trail mix.

I do agree though that a snack basket would be nice. Throw a few pieces of fruit, Cheez-Its, Milano cookie packs, and some almonds into a basket and let the customer choose. This can't cost more than a buck or two per item.

Or, if you really want to think outside the snack box, increase the price of the seat by a few bucks and include the hot food option on flights where it's offered. I think they'd get a lot of takers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.