Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Combining Alaska Airlines companion fare with UR points/book & cancel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining Alaska Airlines companion fare with UR points/book & cancel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Dead.
Thanks for confirming, Philemer.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by nikespex
Does the Expedia ticket show up in your Alaska account?
No it does not. It is a ticket in the Expedia system still with residual value, so I can use it again in the next year but with change fees (if applicable). I believe the UR -> Refundable -> Companion Fare route is now dead....
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:39 pm

Does anyone know with update's to Chase's Travel Portal cancellation if you can do this now?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by tdmmm
Does anyone know with update's to Chase's Travel Portal cancellation if you can do this now?
I had a JFK-SFO-JFK same day mileage run scheduled at the end of Jan 2022 booked over two weeks before the flight on G fare with Chase UR.
The weather looked dicey the day before the flight so I watched for any changes and soon enough I received an email from AS of a change to my itin that was "closest" to my original reservation.
Funny thing is that the AS system changed the outbound to JFK-SAN-SFO arriving at 3pm-ish in SFO and the SFO-JFK leg departing at 1:50pm on the same day so obviously that doesn't make sense.
I still would have cancelled as I only do mileage runs if I can make it back home on the same day.

I called AS to cancel and received wallet credit.
I haven't tried to create bookings with UR to cancel for wallet credit and take advantage of discount codes or whatnot but at least this is a data pt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.