Search

Which Club at A, B and S gates at SEA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Which Club at A, B and S gates at SEA?

Flying DL, boi-sea-lih, soon and will have a 3 hr layover near A, B or S gates. I have access to the UA Club or "The Club" (PP). Looking for a little breakfast and comfy chairs. What are the differences between these Clubs? Your preference?

Or, are one of the AS Lounges at C/D any better?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

For breakfast, the United Club is probably a little better. For most other things, I'd say The Club at A is better. It's been awhile since I've tried the Club at S.

As is often the advice on FT, why not sample both?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dayone
For breakfast, the United Club is probably a little better. For most other things, I'd say The Club at A is better. It's been awhile since I've tried the Club at S.

As is often the advice on FT, why not sample both?
As soon as I posted I thought "why not try both since we have a lot of time". @:-) Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
And since this is the Alaska forum, obviously the Alaska Lounge because pancakes.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
And since this is the Alaska forum, obviously the Alaska Lounge because pancakes.
Tried 'em. You can have mine.

Anyone have more insight on the Clubs at A, B & S?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I like the pancakes and bloody Mary’s (hold the Horseradish) in the Alaska Lounge but Honestly, Anthony’s Homeport has the best breakfast at an airport anywhere in the USA imho. The Breakfast Taco’s & the blueberry crumbles muffins are awesome. Very much not typical airport food. Best views too!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:06 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
I like the pancakes and bloody Mary’s (hold the Horseradish) in the Alaska Lounge but Honestly, Anthony’s Homeport has the best breakfast at an airport anywhere in the USA imho. The Breakfast Taco’s & the blueberry crumbles muffins are awesome. Very much not typical airport food. Best views too!
I have to agree with that! Wonderful food at Anthony's. Looking forward to a visit tomorrow morning. Haha
flyupfrnt likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dayone
For breakfast, the United Club is probably a little better.
I would say just the opposite, but I've never been The Club at SEA so I don't really know what they have. Don't expect much more than bagels/muffins/fruit and coffee at the United Club. If you want a good breakfast United Club is not an option.

I just let my United Club membership expire and joined Alaska Lounge. The pancake machine and the MVP Gold discount were the big factors behind my decision.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by philemer
Flying DL, boi-sea-lih, soon and will have a 3 hr layover near A, B or S gates. I have access to the UA Club or "The Club" (PP). Looking for a little breakfast and comfy chairs. What are the differences between these Clubs? Your preference?

For free access, any. Ive gone to "The Club" United Club, and DL Skyclub. The Club and United Club has similar amenities like cereal, muffin, and beverages. The one major advantage at United Club is that their agents are quite knowledgeable with UA system and are helpful if my flight had been on United. Obviously, the United club is busier when UA flights are departing, while The Club often busier when international flights are departing. The Club A Concourse lounge is at the end of A Concourse and can be difficult to get to for some flights, while The Club at S concourse (the old Northwest WorldClub), is easily accessible for flights in S concourse.

For ultimate experience, DL SkyClub at the A concourse is by far, the best lounge. The A Concourse Skyclub is one of Delta's Flagship lounge, with 6 shower suite, full bar and kitchen. During mornings, kitchen is serving up Oatmeal, Cereal, fresh cut fruits, yogurt, Hot entrees (norms: Bacon, eggs, potatoes), breads (fresh baked scones, croissants) and breakfast beverages including starbucks espresso via starbucks automated machines. In the afternoon, there are often five different mixed and create your own salad, soup, sandwiches, and pasta or potato hot dish. Bartender can make wide variety of complimentary beverages, as well as premium collection of higher priced drinks. SkyClub at the S concourse do have two shower suites, but lacking a full kitchen, have less food offerings. If you have a lot of time, I'd encourage you to splurge $59/person visit at DL Skyclub.

You can see the full review of the DL SkyClub here. Review: Delta SkyClub Seattle Airport - One Mile at a Time

Jiburi
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jiburi
For free access, any. Ive gone to "The Club" United Club, and DL Skyclub. The Club and United Club has similar amenities like cereal, muffin, and beverages. The one major advantage at United Club is that their agents are quite knowledgeable with UA system and are helpful if my flight had been on United. Obviously, the United club is busier when UA flights are departing, while The Club often busier when international flights are departing. The Club A Concourse lounge is at the end of A Concourse and can be difficult to get to for some flights, while The Club at S concourse (the old Northwest WorldClub), is easily accessible for flights in S concourse.

For ultimate experience, DL SkyClub at the A concourse is by far, the best lounge. The A Concourse Skyclub is one of Delta's Flagship lounge, with 6 shower suite, full bar and kitchen. During mornings, kitchen is serving up Oatmeal, Cereal, fresh cut fruits, yogurt, Hot entrees (norms: Bacon, eggs, potatoes), breads (fresh baked scones, croissants) and breakfast beverages including starbucks espresso via starbucks automated machines. In the afternoon, there are often five different mixed and create your own salad, soup, sandwiches, and pasta or potato hot dish. Bartender can make wide variety of complimentary beverages, as well as premium collection of higher priced drinks. SkyClub at the S concourse do have two shower suites, but lacking a full kitchen, have less food offerings. If you have a lot of time, I'd encourage you to splurge $59/person visit at DL Skyclub.

You can see the full review of the DL SkyClub here. Review: Delta SkyClub Seattle Airport - One Mile at a Time

Jiburi
If you want better beverages however, the Amex CL is the way to go Decent finger snacks too, but wish they had more hot foods.
anitainwa likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:39 am

What time is your flight? Be aware that the S Club only allows in PP after 2pm. If you got it via Amex, you can use your Amex to get into the Delta Sky Club at S since you're flying DL.

Originally Posted by beckoa
If you want better beverages however, the Amex CL is the way to go Decent finger snacks too, but wish they had more hot foods.
Caleb at the CL makes a really nice Hennessy sazerac. The only problem I have with it is how crowded it gets.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quemalo
What time is your flight? Be aware that the S Club only allows in PP after 2pm. If you got it via Amex, you can use your Amex to get into the Delta Sky Club at S since you're flying DL.......
Hadn't heard of the 2pm rule. We arrive 9am ish. No AMEX just UA passes and PP. Will try the UA Club I guess. How about The Club at A gates? Same time restriction? Can also try the AS lounges.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:09 pm

Hadn't heard of the 2pm rule. We arrive 9am ish. No AMEX just UA passes and PP. Will try the UA Club I guess. How about The Club at A gates? Same time restriction? Can also try the AS lounges.
The A Club doesn't have a time restriction. The S Club is used as a contract lounge for many of the international departures, which is why they limit access. According to the PP website though, you can get in with PP before 10am. Once you're in I don't think they'll kick you out, so you might as well try it if S is more convenient.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
The only problem I have with it is how crowded it gets.
I agree, but I only have access as a guest so I can't complain very much.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The A Club doesn't have a time restriction. The S Club is used as a contract lounge for many of the international departures, which is why they limit access. According to the PP website though, you can get in with PP before 10am. Once you're in I don't think they'll kick you out, so you might as well try it if S is more convenient.
Thanks a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.