Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Sun Vodka->Tito's, Sun Gin->Tanqueray and Sun Rum->Cruzan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sun Vodka->Tito's, Sun Gin->Tanqueray and Sun Rum->Cruzan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
happy with the Cruzan choice, I like their rum the best of the major brands.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by T2A
If it goes ill be missing that Hazelnut Espresso Vodka too! My go to dessert drink is that and Bailey's on ice.
Me too! It's like candy in a glass.
T2A likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Hope they keep the Alaskan Amber beer. What is funny though is on the AS website, for first class they don't mention Woodford Reserve on the drink list, but they do have the updated drink menu. Yet on the Main Cabin drinks for purchase, Woodford is listed. Oh no, now I can't have my preferred bourbon in F .

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Yes, you can. Just ask them to get you one "from the back".
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Oops, they misspelled Tanqueray on the food and drink page. I can live with that as the offering, though I, too, would prefer Bombay Sapphire or perhaps Hendrick's. Now if only they would stop serving Kona Brewing Co.'s worst beer offering on Hawai`i flights.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:08 am

When is the beer ever going to get switched up? We had Fremont IPA for a bit, now back to just Alaskan Amber and IPA (and the crappy Mexico/CR/Hawaii beer for those flights). There's so much great beer on the west coast but they don't make any effort to get any variety.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

So it’s your fault we’ve got to listen to them tell Main cabin they can’t use the First cabin lav only to watch them smile as anyone uses the First Cabin lav
If the drink cart is between you and the rear lav, I believe you can use the front lav. My mistake was using the front before the cart was out, and then I was stuck behind it for a few minutes as they passed the third row of E+.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
No more Seattle local spirits!

AS has stopped using Sun Liquor products. Sun Liquor used to provide the gin, vodka, and rum. Those will now be Tanqueray, Tito's, and Cruzan respectively. So sad to lose the local Seattle flavor.

Fortunately the Crater Lake is still around, but based on my many experiences in the last 12 months, AS is carrying too few of those on board.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Fortunately the Crater Lake is still around, but based on my many experiences in the last 12 months, AS is carrying too few of those on board.
I can only think of a few times I've emptied the aircraft of the Crater Lake, so I'm impressed. I usually mix it with Bailey's, either on ice or in coffee.

Now if you were talking about the La Marca prosecco, I've consumed all of those more times than I can count
rustykettel likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
When is the beer ever going to get switched up? We had Fremont IPA for a bit, now back to just Alaskan Amber and IPA (and the crappy Mexico/CR/Hawaii beer for those flights). There's so much great beer on the west coast but they don't make any effort to get any variety.
Maybe a distribution thing? I agree with you: any airline that has that many flights to/from PDX should never allow a boring beer aboard. So much great stuff there...

As for the vodka, I don't particularly care. My only question when it comes to vodka is "which rappers have been photographed drinking this?" Vodka is just marketing... Real artisans make whisk(e)y.
safari ari likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:08 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by pinniped

As for the vodka, I don't particularly care. My only question when it comes to vodka is "which rappers have been photographed drinking this?" Vodka is just marketing... Real artisans make whisk(e)y.
Woodinville Whiskey Co makes an excellent Vodka
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Gah! That would explain why the Sun gin was missing on my flight back from LIH. I was particularly fond of that stuff. Since I'm being relocated to SEA next year, I'll be re-introduced to liquor at the grocery store. Anyone know if Sun Liquor is readily available?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Weeeeellll... they closed their bar and bottle shop not too far from my house (they still have their original bar on Summit available). Their website shows "sold out" for all their booze. Apparently they have a new bottle shop though?

https://www.sunliquor.com/bottle-shop-tasting-room/
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
pretty sure I've seen it at several stores (Magnolia/Queen Anne/Ballard/Fremont) but I can't recall which specific ones
SOCguy likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I thought they rotate different Alaskan Brewing co beers a few times a year....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.