Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Whoa. What's going on with the fork?
Uri Geller must have been on the flight.
pcoll likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Definitely submit your comments to Alaska Listens, so they can either make a note of this route to address the lack of food, update the site to show no meal provided, and possibly offer you some compensation. Agree that's pretty lame, even for a short flight.
Originally Posted by FirstBizFlyer
This is incorrect. There is a snack plate served on that route. It must have been a catering error and it’s worth writing in to let them know.
I'm waiting to hear back from AS, but yeah, it was disappointing.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
Date of Flight: April 5, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 95 SEA-ANC
Time of Departure: 5:45 PM
Length of flight: 3:30
Class of service: First
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Warm Soba Noodle Salad
Additional Comments: Tasty- was awake for the pre-arrival chocolate that apparently is new with service ^

I was offered the first option listed here on AS 2783/28 MCI-SFO, though the FA described it as (probably more accurately) as a green salad with chicken and lemon vinaigrette. Has anyone ever had that entree? There was no dressing container on the tray, the FA said she thought it came pre-dressed, which I found hard to believe for an entree salad. All the veggies were dry, no signs of dressing. It wasn't really edible as served, so it was discarded.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Beef mole on FLL-LAX last night. It was quite good. Great service all around and pre-departure beverages, which I hope becomes the norm.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
HNL/OAK May 2018

Warm nuts (per the menu) and beverage. Note the delicious warm nuts.

Keenwah salad

Vurma Chelly with chicken. Tasty - surprised the menu didn't say "spicy" as it was. Yum

Roll. Got super hard quickly after tearing open.

Goat Cheesequeque - pretty good
Old May 15, 2018, 11:41 am

What's with you bending the hell out of the forks every time?
pcoll likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by quemalo
What's with you bending the hell out of the forks every time?
Since the elimination of the prayer cards, there really isn't any other way to get the "hell out."
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Whoa. What's going on with the fork?
That would be eastbay up to his old tricks
Old May 15, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date: 15 May 2018
Route: Seattle to Chicago
Flight Number: 22
Departure time: 12:15pm
Meal served: Lunch

I tried the pilaf, which was not great but better than acceptable. The chard was not to my taste but the rest was fine; the sauce was a nice addition. Something new to me was the salad dressing: still heavy plastic but with a snap-off top that was much easier to open than the tiny metal screw top. The brownie was great.

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old May 15, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Various
May 2018 MEX - LAX F - Snack

Date: 5/06
Route: MEX-LAX
Flight Number: AS 237
Departure time: 5:25 PM
Meal chosen: Lemongrass Chicken or Black Bean Cilantro Ravioli
Description: Coded as “ Snack” and chose Lemongrass Chicken. The meal was served in three courses. Drinks with nuts, then Salad and roll, then entree, and dessert. The meal was better than expected after seeing “snack”. The chicken dish was odd, (dry chicken breast with side of red spicy mayo sauce), fried rice that tasted like steamed rice with scrambled egg, Bok choy that was discolored and tasted heavily of sesame oil. Lemon bar was ok. The person in row across asked for a (Y) burger instead of F meal offer, but was denied. No menus given. On this flight in F was Marilyn Manson (Brian .....) a lot of goofy stuff going on. Upon arrival to LAX, all were offloaded at the far West Remote Terminal and taken by bus to BIT for immigration etc.

Nice coastal routing just north of Oceanside, CA

Lemongrass Chicken
Old May 15, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Tennen
I'm waiting to hear back from AS, but yeah, it was disappointing.
don’t hold your breath.. I have never received a reply from Alaska Listens.
mbluecpa likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
5/14 PHX-PDX 610a departure: Normal selection of that morning protein plate or some sort of egg thing. As usual, I was asleep for 3/4 of the flight. The FA did notice me being awake and bought me coffee. It tasted decent for airplane coffee. Nothing earth shattering.

5/15 PDX-PHX 845p departure: Hummus. Excellent group of FAs on the flight. Very senior with one newbie.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:40 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
5/16 SEA-LAX
Listed as lunch.
Warm nuts, followed by the choice of protein plate or salad. Out of protein plates after taking the orders for row two. Ended up with the salad. It was pretty tasty, but not substantial enough for more than a snack. Probably should have been served with bread and some kind of dessert.

However I'm off to the Qantas first lounge and then LAX-SYD in F so I'll have plenty of food

Old May 17, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by pcoll

don’t hold your breath.. I have never received a reply from Alaska Listens.

X2 lame canned responses ah remember the old days when someone really cared ?
Old May 18, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Date of Flight: 5/1/18
Flight Number and Route flown: AS209
Time of Departure: 6:53pm
Length of flight: 4h46m
Class of service: First
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: No menus provided, and no meal choice. FA described it as a chicken dish that has been served all season.

Comments: Drinks order wasn’t taken until in the air. First FA sat in her seat after the ding for a bit, even as her co-worker got up and started getting things sorted. Meal wasn’t mentioned during the drink order or service, and was just offered once it was ready. I happened to hear the pax behind us discussing the meal with the FA so stopped her to see what was being served. Based on the description above & fearing another dreaded Alaska chicken a la awful, I requested the cheeseburger from the back only to immediately hear a PA announcement that it had ran out.

Despite the lackluster description, this was probably one of the best meals I’ve had on Alaska. Warm nuts were served first. I’m already getting tired of these and wish there was some variety. The salad was fantastic, fresh lettuce (no foofoo greens!) with sliced onions, jicama, black olives, and Italian dressing. My only quibble was the jicama was too small in diameter and split entirely when stabbed with the fork. Roll was light and tasty, in stark contract to the usual hardtack biscuits.

The main dish was a breaded chicken breast served with a diced tomato topping, cherry tomatoes, green beens, and carrot potatoes au gratin. The chicken was crispy on the outside with the edges just slightly blackened and the inside moist. Wow! So much better than the usual West Coast insipid meals. So glad the cheeseburger ran out.

Desert was described as a sugar cookie but it was more like a shortbread with coconut shreds on top. A prearrival chocolate mint was served shortly before arrival. Service during the flight was ok, but not great. Maybe too much time on the beach for the crew.
Attached Images      

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.