Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by T2A
5/16 SEA-LAX
Listed as lunch.
Warm nuts, followed by the choice of protein plate or salad. Out of protein plates after taking the orders for row two. Ended up with the salad. It was pretty tasty, but not substantial enough for more than a snack. Probably should have been served with bread and some kind of dessert.

However I'm off to the Qantas first lounge and then LAX-SYD in F so I'll have plenty of food

Looks like they still have the "weird Yellow dressing". We fly next week...hoping for some change. this menu is getting old.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:35 am

Date of Flight: 5/19/18
PDB: Bottled Water and coffee. Someone asked for a hard drink and was denied (it was not me)
Flight Number and Route flown: AS101 SEA to ANC
Time of Departure: 6:59am
Length of flight: 2h55m
Class of service: First
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Choice of eggs and potatoes and protein plate. I felt like being in the back so I got the protein plate by default. Just enough to tide me over. First F flight during breakfast hours and not really a breakfast person. That's why I usually skip the quiche on the late flights.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Nice pic. Does anyone know why the highway does that odd detour?
Old May 28, 2018, 9:09 am

AS106 5/27/18
ANC-SEA
9:54 PM - 3ish hours
Class - First
PDB - Bottled water
Snack - 3 mini pita discs, hummus? and two slivers of cucumber. Piece of chocolate
Notes - Say wut! I got more on JNU-ANC which was just over an hour. But I digress. The Chardonnay was good at least :P
Old May 28, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Date: 5/28
Route: SEA-DEN
Flight Number: 420
Departure time: 1:47 PM
Meal Chosen: Za'atar Chicken Salad

Same as post #297
Old May 28, 2018, 8:36 pm

Date of Flight: 5/28/18
PDB: Bottled Water
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3323 (OO Operated)
Time of Departure: 11:20am
Length of flight: 3h50m
Meal served: Lunch
Meal Description: Warm nuts to start. Then choice of green salad with chicken or warm vegetarian soba noodle salad. Went for the green salad. It was very good and included Persian cucumbers, fennel, cherry tomatoes, orange and grapefruit supremes, cashews and middle eastern spiced chicken. The dressing was a green herb vinaigrette. I thought it was super good although not super filling. No bread served. Dessert was a 1.5" cinnamon cheesecake served with caramel sauce. FA brought me a second cheesecake on request because she "had a ton of them". She also insisted on bringing me a Baileys with my Crater Lake Vodka and Coffee because it's "way better with both". Great service by the Portland based crew.

Date of Flight: 5/28/18
PDB: Bottled Water
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3379 (OO Operated)
Time of Departure: 2:50pm
Length of flight: 4h15m
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Same options as above although the salad did not have cashews and I received warm bread this time. I got the salad again because it was very good the first time and I was not disappointed. Cheesecake was served in a small ramekin which made it hard to eat. Service was fine given the large amount of turbulence between Dallas and Salt Lake City.

Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
For what its worth, Im in Delta First Class flying Seattle to Juneau and all we got served is the snack basket. Something to think about when we complain about the humus plate (which is what AS offers..)
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:13 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
BOS-LAX 3/31 6PM

Served a mole braised beef which was pretty good. The carrot salad served before the main was inedible, and the whole F cabin was joking about it. I've had them before and they were pretty good, not sure what catering did to them, but it seemed like they found a bag that was left in a dehydrator for a couple of months and then grilled them up to be served.

LAX-SEA 3/31 11:40PM

Hummus plate and choice of almonds or fig bar.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS
Sounds like a change was made June 1.
Passengers flying in MCS ( or Premium Class)reporting that they are no longer able to select snacks during flight (for free). On VX it was usually rows 3 and 10.
Previously, on Airbus (VX) metal in F, we had the option to choose something from the snack tray or on some flights (SEA/LAX). snack tray passed around after meal service.
Hoping this does not mean that we can will no longer ask for a box of cookies after the snack/meal service. I guess we will find out next week when we fly again.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
6/3/18 AS92 ANC-SEA 8:05 pm Departure.

The Hummus Plate. I passed and Bought the Fruit & Cheese from the back. Presented in it's paper and plastic packaging. I felt like the 3 + hour flight Should have a better offering. In a place where it stays light so late, 8 pm is not necessarily Past dinner time. Pretty friendly service overall.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Is there any news on them changing the menu offerings, I want to say it was suppose to be a quarterly rotation, but maybe I am making that up?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pcoll
Sounds like a change was made June 1.
Passengers flying in MCS ( or Premium Class)reporting that they are no longer able to select snacks during flight (for free). On VX it was usually rows 3 and 10.
Previously, on Airbus (VX) metal in F, we had the option to choose something from the snack tray or on some flights (SEA/LAX). snack tray passed around after meal service.
Hoping this does not mean that we can will no longer ask for a box of cookies after the snack/meal service. I guess we will find out next week when we fly again.
Funny you should ask, or perhaps not funny. Yesterday was my first post-VX Airbus transcon. I had the beef w/mole sauce - pretty decent, even the carrot salad. But it has gone to a one tray (except the dessert) service, and there's no extras anymore in the premium markets, i.e., an appetizer. Full PDB service. But once in the air, the FA was not happy. She didn't do anything particularly wrong. Well, I sort of take that back. Mid-flight (as there doesn't appear to be any snack basket, etc.) I asked if they still have those cookies in the back. She told me that they aren't supposed to hand them out to F passengers any more, told me that she'd get me a box, and barked at me never to ask any other FA for these again.

Shellshocked at the comment and tone. I thanked her and ate cookies with some red wine.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
For what its worth, Im in Delta First Class flying Seattle to Juneau and all we got served is the snack basket. Something to think about when we complain about the humus plate (which is what AS offers..)
Flew first class delta from Phoenix to Seattle and got no food or snack. So yeah, domestic Delta first can be pretty underwhelming,
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Sung Sam
domestic Delta first can be pretty underwhelming,
Blasphemy!!!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:36 pm

AS 1784 SEA-LAX June 2018

AS 1784 Seattle to LAX
June 2018
11:45am departure

Not impressed and despite mixed nuts were stated on printed menu, they were never served.
These Virgin America F/As were pretty good. Beverages were refilled throughout the 2 hours flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.