Community
Wiki Posts
Search

42 Minute SEA Connection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

42 Minute SEA Connection

Should I be concerned? AS 29 to AS 3466 on 12/13, will be in first on 29. Next option is nearly 6 hours later. Planning on hustling, but what about any checked baggage? My guess is the booked time on ORD>SEA is longer than needed so I should be fine, but I want to refer to the experts. First time on AS.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
It they allow you to book it, you're within minimum connection times for SeaTac and should be fine, but that's assuming no delays on the inbound.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:59 am

Especially with winter weather, there's a decent chance you'll miss it, as even a 15 minute delay on the inbound could potentially put your connection in jeopardy.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Especially with winter weather, there's a decent chance you'll miss it, as even a 15 minute delay on the inbound could potentially put your connection in jeopardy.

should be fine. Sitting in the first 3 or 4 rows eliminates most risk.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've made a connection like that a couple of times. Should be ok as long as no incoming delays. But my baggage has missed the connection a couple of times. Just not enough time to get on next plane at times. On the plus side you'll get a certificate for AS miles!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Bags should make it, even if you don't

Assuming things don't run too far behind schedule, should be ok.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:28 pm

So based on replies... bags will make it, bags won't make it, you'll make it, you'll probably miss it, if there is a delay, you're screwed... LOL

I'm made connections that tight before, just have to hustle, being in F will help lots and like everyone else said, if they allowed the booking bags and everything should be ok. If things are delayed, well then it all is a toss up... hope for the best
shimps1 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Look at the downside. If you misconnect, AS will rebook you on the later flight and you will have 6 hours to sit around. Unless the later flight is sold out, in which case it's a mess. Under normal circumstances, your worst case, e.g. 6 hour wait, is the same as your best case if you book the longer connection.

General rule of bags is that if you make it, the bags make it.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Familiarize yourself with the SEA terminal layouts (if you aren't already). Today, for example, AS29 is apparently arriving at N11, and the Pasco flight is likely to leave from C16 or so. Know how you get from N to C.
shimps1 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Familiarize yourself with the SEA terminal layouts (if you aren't already). Today, for example, AS29 is apparently arriving at N11, and the Pasco flight is likely to leave from C16 or so. Know how you get from N to C.
One stop on the train. Not a bad connection ^
shimps1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.