Wiki Posts
Search

PDX-KOA now year round?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
PDX-KOA now year round?

Seeing the nonstop PDX-KOA flight throughout summer '18 now. Previously was Winter/Spring only. This is a great boost.

PDX-BWI/PHL/ATL/MKE also appear to be going year round.

Still waiting for the return of PDX-DEN.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I would guess PDX-DEN is somewhere on the list, but they need to fix the ongoing QX/OO operations problems, do things like bump PDX-OAK to E75s year round first. I don't see mainline PDX-DEN being a thing, but QX/OO PDX-DEN makes some sense.

So, PDXers, does this convince you AS isn't actually planning on leaving that market just because QX has been an operational dumpster fire and VX got bought? They're just finding out that they're in the big leagues now, and they'll have to chew gum and walk at the same time. We'll see if they figure out the learning curve like DL did post NW purchase, or not like UA post CO purchase.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Want / Have to keep a competitive Advantage on Domestic routes from a neighboring & affluent city of Seattle and gain an even higher degree of loyalty? Answer: Increase Service. Works every time. People appreciate it.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
Seeing the nonstop PDX-KOA flight throughout summer '18 now. Previously was Winter/Spring only. This is a great boost.
Friday SAN-KOA nonstop will go away next year, apparently replaced with PDX-KOA.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by diver858
Friday SAN-KOA nonstop will go away next year, apparently replaced with PDX-KOA.
No, just moved to Saturday. Still 3x week.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Thanks Tanaka07 Saw this thread and immediately changed a PDX-SEA-KOA round trip this summer to PDX-KOA round trip. Saved $168 and hassle of connecting in SEA, plus went from waitlisted for first on SEA-KOA legs to immediate upgrade using gold upgrade fare. Made my wife and I both happy since I am using a companion fare.
pfpdx and spamman808 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by perktd
Thanks Tanaka07 Saw this thread and immediately changed a PDX-SEA-KOA round trip this summer to PDX-KOA round trip. Saved $168 and hassle of connecting in SEA, plus went from waitlisted for first on SEA-KOA legs to immediate upgrade using gold upgrade fare. Made my wife and I both happy since I am using a companion fare.
Excellent ^

Nice when other FTers benefit from such changes.
pfpdx and spamman808 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Erasmus
No, just moved to Saturday. Still 3x week.
Believe it was 4x week, as I have done it on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the past.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:05 pm

Now that I am getting over my excitement of PDX-KOA going year round, I am wondering if Alaska will be trying to beef up PDX at least a little to try to move some traffic to PDX and ease the delays due to congestion in SEA. If more of the feed from places like BOI, GEG, etc. routed through PDX instead of SEA it might smooth out some issues. If cost and schedules work acceptably it really wouldn't matter much for people in Eastern Washington and Oregon plus Idaho whether they connected in SEA or PDX .
pfpdx likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by diver858
Believe it was 4x week, as I have done it on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the past.
It has moved around quite a bit since introduction, including from an evening departure from SAN (which I loved) to early morning. At the moment, though, it is a 3x weekly service Su/Th/Sa from SAN. It will switch over to T,Th,Sa in the spring. This is the route that earned AS my business.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tanaka07

PDX-BWI/PHL/ATL/MKE also appear to be going year round.

Still waiting for the return of PDX-DEN.
Are you sure about PDX-PHL going year round? I see the non-stop flights in the summer, but looking at October, there's nothing there but connecting flights.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:34 am

Posted a comment in the flame free thread, but bumping this one as I just came across it. I never could find an official announcement but am happy to see the change. Hopefully it does well year-round and doesn't revert back to the seasonal November-April schedule.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Don't know for sure if PDX-KOA has gone year round or not. It went from early November to sometime in April for several years. Then it was extended through the summer(June or July) this year. Currently there are no PDX-KOA direct flights I can find from mid-summer until about November 4th when the winter schedule resumes. I would very much prefer the schedule to be year round.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
I am glad that they brought this back year around!
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by perktd
Don't know for sure if PDX-KOA has gone year round or not. It went from early November to sometime in April for several years. Then it was extended through the summer(June or July) this year. Currently there are no PDX-KOA direct flights I can find from mid-summer until about November 4th when the winter schedule resumes. I would very much prefer the schedule to be year round.
Have you seen PDX-KOA flights in May?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.